Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soft tissue sarcoma worries

Soft tissue sarcoma worries

Hello im 26 Male and currently am suffering a lot with a bunch of different health worries which unfortunatly seem to be coming one after another. Ive been trying to stay off google the past week or 2 and i have been doing well until last night so i have been going for 2 walks a day to try and keep myself busy and sometimes i have been jogging lightly to try and exercise more to keep myself busy. Anyway unfortunatly i have been having some worries about DVT also so i went out in the car last night and when i got home i brushed my leg and felt a rather large lump which seemed to dissappear after i rubbed it a few time and then i have felt some hard lumps under the skin of of my calf just under the knee and the feel hard and i have felt a couple on both sides and its really shaken me up and all the work i did to get through my last worries and now i feel like im back at square one again. Now i feel like i have to go back to the gp my family have felt the lumps and say they dont feel like lumps possibly just muscle they feel more long than round but quite hard and i think they move. I can only feel them when my leg is streched out and like i said they are just below the knee and i think i have felt them in both legs but its more prominent in my right leg and it has been feeling tender there also which scares me. I know sarcomas are rare but after i read the mostly start in the leg and are hard my mind has fixated on it. Anyway has anyone had anything similar

Re: Soft tissue sarcoma worries

Now ive just noticed that my right calf looks bigger than my left and it has completely freaked me out and im scared theres a tumor growing god i hate this anxiety and i cant wait to get to the doctors i could just really use someone to talk to im so scared

Cancerous tumors don’t come and go and they don’t move to different locations.

Going through something similar, found a tender, soft, movable lump on my left shin. All I can say is if you have concerns go to your doctor, it's really the only option. Wishing you the best.

Well I’m absolutely terrified now I went to the doctor who said it’s hard deep within the tissue and moveable and she didn’t think it was a cyst. Now I’m utterly convinced it’s a sarcoma and I have been referred for an ultrasound scan I really need some reassurance now I have no idea what to do I’m terrified

Sorry that you have to go for more tests. But look, you are in the system now and will get treated and looked after. It’s very likely to be something harmless and/or explainable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worried about possiblitiy of Soft Tissue Sarcoma in upper thigh

Hello im Male and im 26 years old and im currently a healthy weight. So i found a lump about 5 days ago in my right upper Thigh which i got examined by the doctor yesterday and she did send me for an ultrasound as she couldnt determine what it was by feeling it. She said it was to deep to be a cyst and it seemed like it was attached to tissue which obviously has scared me. While she was feeling it she also asked if i had a family history of cancer which obviously also scared me a lot as i was thinking god does she think this is a Sarcoma. I did ask after the examination if she thought the lump was sinister and she said no as i would be having other symtoms if it was but im not sure i would. She wasnt very reassuring and i do have a history of health anxiety and normally would see my GP who is a lot more helpful in that regard. The lump is fairly small id say maybe pea size but it doesnt really present like a normal lump i have felt before its more like a ridge along my thigh and i can also feel other similar lumps above it. It is about half way down to my knee on the left hand side and it does feel quite deep if i have not got my knee on my other leg, like it feels bigger if im flexing which is what makes me think its on the muscle. I will be booking a private scan for next week hopefully as i cant wait that long for a referral it will just eat me up inside im already struggling. Has anyone else found anything similar i thought at first it was a muscle knot as there are multiple which present in a similar manner but i would of thought she would of picked up on it when i was at the doctors I was just hoping it was normal. I did also have a blood test and everything came back normal apart from slightly low calcium and something that was raised with my thyroid that indications infection. She said the levels were fine though i could really use some reassureance thank you anyone that replies i really need some help right now. Im just worried the ultrasound wont be able to tell what it is and then im gonna have to go for more scans and im just utterly convinced it is something bad.

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Emmz

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

I had a scan today and he said he couldnt see it on the ultrasound but he could feel the lump when he went over it and he felt it himself. What does this normally mean he said he couldnt see anything sinister and theres no reason to worry but if you can feel a lump and not see it does that mean it requires further investigation. Has anyone else had experience with this? He said it might just be to deep to see most likely a limpoma.

It's good to hear your doc isn't concerned. I had an ultrasound on my lump and they discovered a second one nearby. Doc wants an MRI of the leg. Pretty spooked but forwards and onwards, I'll update as I ascertain more information.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information