Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Concerning Symtoms, Scared of ALS

Re: How Could This All Be in My Head :(

Quote Originally Posted by MattAnon95 View Post
    how does that now resemble something like ALS?
    Exactly! Based on the stickie (which is from the ALS forum that kicked you off), you tell me Might be time to address the real issue which is mental. Anxiety can and does cause real physical symptoms and your post affirms it.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Oh I have addressed it! I’m seeing an internist every week & I was put on 2 different medications. It’s been about 2 months already. The hand symptoms and neck just started within the last 2 weeks tho which is confusing me. How could anxiety cause my neck and hands to feel stiff?

How could anxiety cause my neck and hands to feel stiff?
    READ THIS

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

That definitly makes a lot of sense. My only concern is that I was doing really good with my anxiety for a couple weeks once the medication kicked in & then that’s when my hands started out of no where and now my neck.. if I wasn’t as stressed/anxious.. how could anxiety have caused it?

Anxiety is like a campfire. There are always hot coals smoldering in the fire pit. All it needs is a little bit of wood and the fire starts burning again.

FMP

Re: Concerning Symtoms, Scared of ALS

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Emmz

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

I just can’t seem to get out of the ALS hole I’ve dug myself into. It’s completely taken over my thought process with everything I do.

I just can’t seem to get out of the ALS hole I’ve dug myself into. It’s completely taken over my thought process with everything I do.
    You're asking for HELP.

FMP

I just wish I could get myself out of this mindset that everything I feel is ALS related. I’ve read the post thousands of times now that explains why we don’t have ALS bur I just can’t get it out of my head. I’ve seen conflicted answered relating to symptoms… is it not true that neck tightness and hand stiffness are early symptoms? They’re both fully functional but won’t it gradually happen?

is it not true that neck tightness and hand stiffness are early symptoms? They’re both fully functional but won’t it gradually happen?
    Clinical Weakness—ALS is about failing, not feeling.

ALS is about failure—falling down, being unable to stand on your toes, being unable to button your shirt, being unable to lift your hand, etc. It is not about these things becoming more difficult. It is about these things being impossible… no matter how hard you try. If you can do normal things, but it is more difficult, you do not have ALS. If you used to be able to do 100 curls and now one arm can only do 50; that is not ALS. If you used to run 2 miles and now you can only run 1; that is not ALS. If you used to run 2 miles and now you can’t lift up one of your feet, you may have clinical weakness.

It really does happen that something stops working all of a sudden. It is generally one muscle so it will not be a whole limb but the movement done by that muscle is suddenly gone. An example is a calf raise. It won't happen. Think of it like your wifi signal. You are surfing the net, then signal is lost and you can't do anything online no matter how hard you try or how long you wait for a page to load. This is what happens to a muscle in beginning ALS it has lost the signal from the nervous system that tells it to work

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 11-07-21 at 16:00.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information