Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Concerning Symtoms, Scared of ALS

Re: Concerning Symtoms, Scared of ALS

I keep telling myself that, I’ve just heard that sometimes a tight neck or a tight body part could be the start of ALS but some people don’t realize

Quote Originally Posted by MattAnon95 View Post
    I keep telling myself that, I’ve just heard that sometimes a tight neck or a tight body part could be the start of ALS but some people don’t realize
    Ok... Can't say I didn't try Hope you feel better soon.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

No you definitly tried and definitly have helped me, I’m not like unable to function because of anxiety it’s just always on my mind and I wish I had answered because stuff online is always misleading when it comes to symtoms.

Hello, I have an update since my last post about 2 weeks ago.

I got my neurologist to agree to performing an EMG on my left leg since that was the initial body part I started feeling symptoms. She told me that everything was normal. She did tell me that one nerve near my calf was responding slower then normal but it was nothing to be concerned about. When I asked why she thought I didnt have ALS she told me that she doesnt think I dont have ALS, she KNOWS I dont have ALS. It made me feel a lot better and I've been trying to keep it off my mind, its been about 4 days now since my appointment. I just can't seem to shake the feeling that I have with my tongue. It almost feels like my tongue is too big for my mouth and when I talk it feels like my tongue gets in the way of talking smoothly and feels like I'm slurring my words. Everyone tells me that I sound normal, doctors included but I can't stop feeling it. Is that common with anxiety with the tongue? I believe the neurologist and I know she wouldnt lie to me but I'm just really confused. Thank you!

Congrats! But we all knew it

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Deep down I knew it as well, but this new symptom I feel with my tongue is making it very hard for me to remain sane. Is that common with HA? Feeling like your tongue is like bigger than your mouth and when you talk you feel like your tongue is getting n the way of your words almost? Everyone including two doctors have told me that I don't sound like I'm slurring at all but in my head it feels like it.

I think that you're probably hypersensitive to it at the moment.

Listen to your doctor if they think it's nothing to worry about, it's nothing to worry about.

I feel like I’m slurring my words to. I genuinely think I am, and that it might be bulbar onset als. But I am also aware I have thought this several times over the past 5 years. So I know for a FACT anxiety can create this impression

I’ve been to the neurologist twice & my normal doctor at least 6 times in the last couple of months due to just getting out on anxiety medication and her adjusting my dosages every couple of weeks. It’s very frustrating being told that you are fine even though you physically feel symptoms. I believe the doctors even though my body is telling me not too. Just wish this new thing with my tongue would stop. I’m so nervous to speak because it literally feels like I’m going to slur all of my words. My tongue just feels like it is in the way, I don’t really know how to explain it. The tip and sides kind of hurt too but I think I may be biting down on my tongue subconsciously since it feels like my tongue is too big for my mouth. It’s very confusing and impossible to explain. It’s extremely nerve-wracking.

Hello, it’s been a couple of weeks since my last post and I just have a few concerns and updates on my problem I’ve been having.

I still keep getting this weird feeling with my tongue. I feel like at times I can’t talk properly and it almost feels as if I have a lisp. My tongue hurts and feels as if it was burnt. I have these small red bumps on the top of the tongue where it hurts, almost like a razor burn look. My girlfriend says she can feel it but says I sound normal. I’m losing my mind, I have been doing really well the last couple of weeks with my anxiety over having ALS or an MND but this new issue has began to put me over the edge again.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information