Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I Worry About Two Episodes of Water Diarrhea?

Should I Worry About Two Episodes of Water Diarrhea?

I'm not sure if I should be worried about this, or if its just a normal thing, but today, I got a terrible bout of watery diarrhea. I don't get stomach cramps or pain, I just get a lot of noises in my stomach, gas, and then a rush to the toilet. It's not weird in colour, like an ochre light brown, no blood or mucus from what I can tell but it drains me. I'm drinking as much water as I can, and I had a Dioralyte to help.

Btw, I'm 33 F, Hypothyroid and PCOS. I had a bout of this watery diarrhea a few weeks ago, it was actually explosive diarrhea and it was horrible. Again, no pain, no cramps, just gurgling stomach noises and then BAM, a rush to get to the toilet.

I can't think of anything out of the ordinary I've eaten to trigger this, nor what or who I may have come in contact with that would cause bacterial/viral infection of some kind. So, I'm at a loss as to what has cause these 2 bouts of watery/explosive diarrhea. It really stresses me out, and it's been made worse by the heat and humidity, it's draining and exhausting. My house is heavily insulated so the house constantly feels very heavy.

I'm trying to drink as much water as possible too, and will keep my food bland tomorrow, and not have anything for the rest of the night. It wouldn't be something serious causing this would it? I don't think I have a fever, but I haven't checked.

Re: Should I Worry About Two Episodes of Water Diarrhea?

Quote Originally Posted by mischamoonlight View Post
    I'm not sure if I should be worried about this, or if its just a normal thing, but today, I got a terrible bout of watery diarrhea. I don't get stomach cramps or pain, I just get a lot of noises in my stomach, gas, and then a rush to the toilet. It's not weird in colour, like an ochre light brown, no blood or mucus from what I can tell but it drains me. I'm drinking as much water as I can, and I had a Dioralyte to help.
    That's like something out of a Jane Austin novel is that. I'd be impressed if I didn't know you're on about ya poo!

It really stresses me out,
    That'll make things worse...

I'm trying to drink as much water as possible too, and will keep my food bland tomorrow, and not have anything for the rest of the night. It wouldn't be something serious causing this would it? I don't think I have a fever, but I haven't checked.
    I'd be going through everything you've ingested with a fine tooth comb. Not literally - don't go poking about in the pan - not that there will be much to see if it's watery. I mean to list EVERYTHING that you've ingested since it started. Food, drink, meds - everything, and see if there's something obvious there.

Also, water and bland food is a good idea. Rice and some chicken will help to form things up. Also eggs?

I think you'd know if you had a fever?

haha I didn't know how to describe the colour But yeah, I'm writing down everything I've eaten over the last day or so, and just keeping my water intake up, well hydrated. Yeah, no fever thankfully. I know I never do well in hot, humid weather at the best of times, so the last few weeks have been a struggle.

I've just stuck to toast today, and dry, bland foods, not much. Thanks again NoraB

Quote Originally Posted by mischamoonlight View Post
    haha I didn't know how to describe the colour
    Checked mine this morning for shade, and it's remarkably like an old brown sofa we had in the 70s.

But yeah, I'm writing down everything I've eaten over the last day or so, and just keeping my water intake up, well hydrated. Yeah, no fever thankfully. I know I never do well in hot, humid weather at the best of times, so the last few weeks have been a struggle.
    Some colons don't like hot/humid weather. I'm the same. Also my hair goes weird...

I had an 'episode' the other week where the world dropped out of my bottom. I traced it to the naughty cream cake I'd snaffled despite being 'off' dairy because my digestive system can no longer cope with it.

Put it this way... I didn't need my kiwi fruit or olive oil that day!

I've just stuck to toast today, and dry, bland foods, not much. Thanks again NoraB
    You're welcome. I'm sure things will settle down soon. Just keep up the self-care and you'll be fine.

P.S thank you for the laugh re 'ochre poo'.

I always remember a Russell Brand gig where he got a paint colour chart out and talked about his various shades of poo...Maybe you were there and remembered the "ochre" poo hue, Mischa?

Seriously though..I hope your system is soon producing bog standard brown issue again. These things happen but it's not nice with anxiety niggling away as to why.

@Pulisa I can't remember it but I'm going to look for it now just out of curiousity

Yeah, hopefully. Not had a bowel movement since yesterday, but I also didn't eat anything but toast, just to flush out any bugs or anything and drinking lots of water. Yeah, anxiety makes an easily solved issue, into a frightening one. Be checking out that RB gig about that haha!

This happened to you a few months ago too. I remember you going to your doctor about it and they made you take a covid test.

When I get quite anxious this happens to me. Or if I eat anything too fatty, I’ll spend the night on the toilet.

Accept it’s one of those things. Keep hydrated but don’t let it bring you down or concern you too much.
    If it starts happening regularly or you can’t keep anything “in” then go to your doctor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it was awful. It's not 100% today, it's not watery, but it's definitely not solid either. Today I've just had more of a sickly stomach feeling, the heat and humidity is probably contributing to it aswell, as I never do very well in warm weather. I'm drinking lots of water, and I've had a banana today for some fibre, also got some kefir yoghurt (it's a bit strong and bitter, but it is suppose to help with gut health, so we'll see).

Just feeling super drained, and icky tummy, but other than that I'm okay, just the other hormone issues really.

Yeah, I can definitely keep food in, it was just that one episode 2 days ago, and had a small bowel movement yesterday which was solid, and today, which was a little more 'soft', so keeping an eye on it and eating more fibre to help and drinking lots of water.

I’m not good in the heat weather either. Glad you’re feeling better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since yesterday, I've had this feeling in my stomach, I don't know how to describe it, it's like having an empty stomach but I've eaten, and getting those hunger pangs. What would that be? And I've eaten, so I'm not hungry and my stomach isn't empty but that's the best way I can describe that feeling?

My bowel movement is more solid, but still a bit soft. It's almost a sensation of something weighing on the bottom of my stomach. Really weird?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information