Thread: AZ Vaccine 2nd dose

AZ Vaccine 2nd dose

Hi all, so I had my first dose az vaccine around 15 weeks ago and apart from muscle inflammation for around 2 to 3 weeks I was okay with it generally.

I have my 2nd dose today and have read the risk of clotting is far less in the 2nd dose, although I have also read that clotting may be due to incorrect vaccination procedure and nurses not aspirating (pulling back on plunger to see if its in a blood vessel) that can cause these clots.

I'm going to ask the nurse if they can aspirate but it's unlikely they will change the method they have been using.

I just need reassurance to go get this 2nd jab..I have already delayed it enough and cancelled my original 2nd jab appointment! Thanks!

Re: AZ Vaccine 2nd dose

Congratulations on booking your vaccination! I had my 2nd jab of AZ over 1 month ago. I was very anxious about it but it went very well. No side effects at all!

The risks of developing a clot are very small with the 1st hab,and practically non-existing with the 2nd. Plus from all the people who developed a clot after the 2nd jab nobody died (data from my country). I'm sure you will be fine. So just close your eyes, and don't look when they make the injection. They are trained professionals, trust that they know how to do it.

Well I got it done! I told the person I was nervous and be reassured me..I didn't ask to be aspirated as it was all so quick.. but I didn't see any blood come out which would have made me worry even more.

I'm home now! Feels like I got a tension headache already!

Quote Originally Posted by RVP View Post
    Well I got it done! I told the person I was nervous and be reassured me..I didn't ask to be aspirated as it was all so quick.. but I didn't see any blood come out which would have made me worry even more.

I'm home now! Feels like I got a tension headache already!
    Well done! Headache is a very normal reaction after the AZ vaccination, take a paracetamol or two and it should go away.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

So a week on and I am generally doing well.. first few days were a little rough.. no fever or anything, just constant tiredness and muscle/joint aches.

I have also noticed (could be unrelated) for the last 2-3 days I keep getting tingling feeling at the back of my tongue, not so much an itch, but almost as if something is fizzing at the back..really odd sensation. I only really notice it after I have eaten or drank, or if I am paying attention to it, so it's not constantly there. I then of course googled this and to my surprise, it came back as a side effect for the Pfizer vaccine (which is not what I had) OH and the dreaded C word came up as well.. and now I'm even more worried than I should be. !! :(
    Last edited by RVP; 14-07-21 at 23:30.

Google is not your friend :( Whatever you search for you'll always find that you have cancer.

Thread Information