Thread: Scared to get a cold again

Scared to get a cold again

Ok, this anxiety is relatively minor but I feel like I still need to talk about it. So I've suffered a cold twice this year, one last month and currently recovering from the second. And I think I caught the second one from a McDonald's takeaway I had. Like, as soon as I ate it, I felt the beginning symptoms of the cold right afterwards. Now I'm scared to get a McDonald's again because I definitely DON'T want a third cold. Of course I'm not gonna have a McDonald's ALL the time but on the times when I feel like having one, my fear of getting another cold will get in the way. How do I cope with stuff like this? Thanks

Re: Scared to get a cold again

Colds are caused by viruses and viruses take a day or two in your body before you start feeling symptoms. This means you didn't get your cold from McDonalds.

However, McDs is not very healthy, and if this keeps you from not eating it, well, maybe that's a good thing. Additionally, fast foods have a lot of additives in them. There is a chance that you have food allergies, and that's why you had a cold-like reaction immediately following you eating McDs.

How do you cope? Don't eat McDs because it's bad for you anyway. If you want something greasy or fried, it's okay once in awhile, try ordering from a place that makes it fresh. Otherwise, what are you doing to work on your anxiety?

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Colds are caused by viruses and viruses take a day or two in your body before you start feeling symptoms. This means you didn't get your cold from McDonalds.

However, McDs is not very healthy, and if this keeps you from not eating it, well, maybe that's a good thing. Additionally, fast foods have a lot of additives in them. There is a chance that you have food allergies, and that's why you had a cold-like reaction immediately following you eating McDs.

How do you cope? Don't eat McDs because it's bad for you anyway. If you want something greasy or fried, it's okay once in awhile, try ordering from a place that makes it fresh. Otherwise, what are you doing to work on your anxiety?
    I don't have food allergies of anything so I doubt thats it.

Like I said, I only eat McDs once in a while. Never would I eat it every day. Also I have a therapist to work with on my anxiety.

Then you just got a cold...but not from McDs. that was just a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by TaleOn11 View Post
    I don't have food allergies of anything so I doubt thats it.

Like I said, I only eat McDs once in a while. Never would I eat it every day. Also I have a therapist to work with on my anxiety.
    What is your therapist suggesting for you at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    What is your therapist suggesting for you at the moment?
    Well I didn't talk to him about the cold thing because I felt like this was a minor thing that I didn't need to. But for more severe stuff like mental rituals he's suggested that I do lay off the rituals if I can. Which I've done a little of anyway because they've been getting harder and harder to deal with.

Thread Information