Thread: C diff fear diarrhoea for 5 days

C diff fear diarrhoea for 5 days

I have had severe diarrhoea and cramps since Sunday afternoon (it’s now Thursday)I had nausea too which has eased, I rang the dr on Tuesday and was told it was probably a stomach virus which could last a week and to take re hydration sachets and drink lots of water which I am.

I forgot to mention to the dr that a few days prior to the diarrhoea starting I had taken a canesten fluconazole antibiotic treatment just the 1 pill for thrush.

I haven’t been outside in weeks as I struggle with agoraphobia so don’t know how I’d have picked up a stomach virus so it’d make more sense that the antibiotic I took triggered something.

I’m going to the toilet in between 6-12 times during the day with severe diarrhoea and have been up for several nights with it.
    I have noticed it does have a sweet smell to it. I’ve heard this can be the case with c diff and this can be caused by antibiotics. I’m worried that I may need treatment as it’s not getting better and that i’d forgotten to talk the dr about taking the antibiotic. Does anyone have any experience with c diff and if it can come on after a small dose antibiotic?

I’ll probably give the dr another call tomorrow just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with it? I’m completely exhausted at this point and unable to eat much just a slice of toast or two in a day.
    Last edited by Eevie; 08-07-21 at 19:27.

Re: C diff fear diarrhoea for 5 days

Fluconazole is an anti-fungal rather than an antibiotic but I have read that it can disrupt the gut flora. I have had C Diff three times. The only way to get test for it is via stool sample. I think you should ring a doctor and see about submitting a stool sample. Even if you don’t have C Diff, your doctor can tell what you do have from a stool test and treat you accordingly.

Re: C diff fear diarrhoea for 5 days

Have you taken anything to stop the diarrhea?

Thread Information