Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Complex Ovarian cyst, concerned.

Complex Ovarian cyst, concerned.

Hey Everyone.

I recently went to gyno lately for routine checkup and wanted her to check in on iud as I experienced some crazy pain right before my last period. I thought it was appendicitis but clearly it wasn’t.

She ordered an ultrasound and transvaginal ultrasound to check. I had pain again mid cycle but have had nothing since..

Yesterday results revealed a small simple cyst on left ovary ( nbd I’ve had those before ) but a complex 3 cm one on the right … report doesn’t say much more than that.. just complex cycstic structure with thick walls some internal nodularity seen on right ovary. Dr wants me to follow up in 8 weeks…she didn’t seem worried but I mean…. I am- I know everyone has told me but it’s hard not to… I’m only 31, no children yet, and no history of cancer like that in family. We leave for an anniversary trip in 2 weeks and I’m doing everything I can to not overthink this…

Anyone have any experience with this?

Re: Complex Ovarian cyst, concerned.

Sounds to me like she is leaving it for two cycles to see if it bursts on its own. I honestly don't think she'd leave it festering for 8 weeks if she suspected cancer. If you are prone to cysts then it will probably be just that.
    They respond to worry with more pain in my experience, so do your very best to breathe deeply and not worry. xx

Thanks- I asked another gyno Friend of mine who said the same.. she said 3 cm is small and not a cause for concern.., I do know it wasn’t there a year ago as I had an ultrasound a year ago to date… i tend to have iud’s embedd so they are always checking… guess it’s my body telling me to have a baby lol.

I’m just more concerned cause all my cysts have always been simple.. not complex :/

It’s quite little, and although complex cysts don’t usually go on their own I think some do. I had one that was about 4cm and a cross between complex and simple. I was sent for an mri and to the gynaecologist, who told me it was nothing to worry about - possibly debris from me emergency csection.
    18 months later it was gone.

With one your size they sometimes watch and wait to see what happens.

I suggest not googling. I honestly think I read everything on cysts for you .
    At your age it’s very very rare for it to be anything “sinister”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks- yes that is what I’m hoping… she seemed to think it could be hemorrhagic mainly because of the crAzy pain I felt for all day… like intense.. that’s what the other dr said too.. but the report said consider cystoademona? I have to get regular ultrasounds for my thyroid… so I know those reports sometimes say things that arnt correct- or sometimes don’t catch things fully how they are…or suggest things that aren’t true.

I understand the watch and wait thing.. but isn’t want makes OC so deadly is they find it when it’s too late?

Again my other dr friend said it’s small and because of that that’s a good sign- but you know like we do.. over here googling…I now know how to conduct a transvaginal ultrasound from stert to finish, complete with how to move the wand ( ridiculous laugh face). They did this ultrasound right after ovulation- I had the ovarian pain for a day and then gone.. haven’t had it or pain during intercourse since… so maybe that’s another good sign. I eat super healthy, don’t drink or smoke, work out 2 hours a day, and supplement with a ton of supplements to make sure I’m hitting nutrient load lol… so not much more I can do from my end..

Mine was a cystadenoma. It caused me no real issues with except some cramps and funny periods. But when I *think* it dissolved I had crazy ovulation pain for about a week. They rushed me for a transvaginal ultrasound thinking it had burst, but there was nothing there! So I had spent a year worrying about it, and then 2 weeks terrified that it had doubled in size & all sorts of awful things & there was nothing there!!
    I will also say that once the gynaecologist told me that it was not a bad cyst, the cramps seemed to disappear overnight.

I’m glad you know how to perform a transvaginal ultrasound now - very useful skill . I joined a cyst Facebook group and I now know way too much about cyst symptoms!

You’ll be ok. You can see why they are asking you to watch & wait, so you’ll learn to live with it for a while. If you have any significant pain, bleeding etc then maybe it is a hemmorage one and you’ll need to get some good pain relief from a doctor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh thanks so much scass.. it hasn’t been hurting me at all since all the poking/ proding with the ultrasound- and yes I’ve been having a few weird periods… I had an iud so I thought maybe something was up with that.. but that would explain this.

Uh I’m just so tired and exhausted of dealing with these things.. first my thyroid the beginning of this year.. now this- and they also want to recheck my breast… I have fibrocystic breasts.. my dr felt it and felt a lump- and wanted another ultrasound and 3d mamm ( I’ve already had 2 for the past two years)…. They never find anything it’s always just the way the “tissue is stacked” but now with all the stress I’ve been having itching and feeling the lumps again… the minute the dr told me she wanted to check it ( this is a new dr to me so she’s not used to my lumps lol…). I went to a top breast center feb of last year and they told me it’s really not a concern and to come back when I’m 40.. it it’s hard not to be when you go home and your brain gets going. So that’s a whole other thing I gotta deal with in a few weeks…

I’m just a lumpy person I guess.. and it’s so annoying!!

Yes some people are lumpy people!

They are HYPER AWARE of the risks of ovarian cancer and if they've had a good look they will know for sure that it isn't. They know exactly what to look for.

Yeah, these cysts are pretty common for a lot of us ladies, and many resolve on their own.

Uh thabks you guys… I’m just so nervous cause it’s complex.. not simple… and you know what happens when you google that..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information