Thread: Being a bit paranoid about possible propranolol interactions.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Being a bit paranoid about possible propranolol interactions.

Hi all,
    Honestly, I think i'm just after a bit of a reality check and reassurance as im getting a bit bogged down in my own head and I can't stop myself googling. (I know!) Long story short, ive been prescribed propranolol for hypertension and anxiety. Started Monday and i'm on 3x 40mg a day. Few days of feeling slightly iffy. Weird stomach ache and digestion feelings after eating and chilly feet, but all very mild, and also the side effects seem to have mostly worn off. Also, and importantly, they are very definitely working and doing a good job it seems.
    Thing is I'm now getting paranoid about things like 'but they wear off in my sleep...do I need slow release? Do they have all new side effects? etc etc' and most recently 'am I going to eat too much potassium (its in everything!) and end up very suddenly ill?
    I have a fondness for a certain kind of fruit tea. I read on the packet earlier...'contains liquorice, do not consume in quantity if you have hypertension'. I tend to eat a great many tomatoes, tons of potassium. Do I keep eating them?
    It suddenly feels that almost everything has some kind of negative interaction with propranolol and I cant see the woods for the trees anymore.
    So it's all feeling a bit of a mess in my head at the moment. I seem to have gotten a bit obsessive about any interactions these things might have. I someone could simply take my internet away for a bit that would help. I cant be trusted with it.
    Really, I just want to stop obsessing about the pills and what they may or may not cause and get on with my life. So any thoughts, advice thats ideally not going to scare the living daylights out of me greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Willspring; 09-07-21 at 14:21.

Thread Information