Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just tested positive

Re: Just tested positive

It is so weird! I keep trying strong flavours to see if i can taste it but no. I can tell if its sweet, salty or spicy basically. Coffee and tea are just warm water now :( I hope it goes the same way Gary! I'm panicking that it'll be worse tomorrow. My mum had said that i was probably over the peak but 4days seemed too soon to me. That gave me some hope though! Starting to feel a bit rougher now but I'm hoping it's just because it's the end of the day.

I put some ibuprofen gel on my back and it seemed to help with the tightness so you're both probably right about it being muscular. I'll order some tiger balm now

I could taste sweet, salt and sour.
    I dearly missed tasting my coffee which tasted like hot water. I ate pickles with most of my meals because I could taste the sour/salt.

Apparently its our sense of smell is gone and our taste buds are working find but they are very limited.

I did worry that I would not smell smoke if there was a fire or smell food that had spoiled. Honestly there are some foods that still taste bland, I was surprised that I could not taste butter pecan ice cream a few days ago, sweet yes, flavor no.

The chest pain was worrying to me, it lingered for a long time. I even had trouble wearing a bra because it was squeezing my chest.

I did not have a hard time breathing but with very little effort I felt out of breath and at that time my heart rate went up.

You're just about to the safe zone, another day or so but you really sound like you'll be ok.

Isn't it such a weird virus?

Quote Originally Posted by Pandoraxx View Post
    It is so weird! I keep trying strong flavours to see if i can taste it but no. I can tell if its sweet, salty or spicy basically. Coffee and tea are just warm water now :( I hope it goes the same way Gary! I'm panicking that it'll be worse tomorrow. My mum had said that i was probably over the peak but 4days seemed too soon to me. That gave me some hope though! Starting to feel a bit rougher now but I'm hoping it's just because it's the end of the day.

I put some ibuprofen gel on my back and it seemed to help with the tightness so you're both probably right about it being muscular. I'll order some tiger balm now
    Try something sharp to stimulate the senses Pandora - I found sniffing the malt vinegar bottle and sucking sharp lemon sweets stimulating. It can take a few weeks to get the sense back - I only had 4 days of it but it affects everyone differently.

I am on day 3 as well. Only symptoms I have is a stuffed nose and throat feels a bit weird. But I too panic that the next day I will wake up worse than the previous. Good vibes sent your way!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information