Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pfizer 2nd Dose - Worried About Side Effects?

Pfizer 2nd Dose - Worried About Side Effects?

I had my 1st Pfizer-BioNtech vaccine on 19th May, and I'm due my 2nd one this Friday. Honestly, I had a massive big panic attack when I got the first one, and several panic attacks after, which lead to me getting two ECG's on two different ocassions. Not fun.

Anyway, theirs has been a lot, and I mean A LOT of talk online, on the TV, news, general conversations about the side effects after the 2nd dose, and I'm starting to feel that tension creeping back in. I had to cancel my dose a couple weeks ago because I was genuinely not feeling well, so I now have this appointment.

Myocarditis is one I've heard oodles on, and it does freak me out because of my anxieties about my heart and how sensitive I can be to any sensation. But another that was starting to get to me was the talk of infertility, which, being a 33F with PCOS did not help. Considering I have no children, and honestly, would like kids when the time was right, but what concerned me was reading about miscarriages, and the rates being slightly higher. I'm usually a very logical person, believe in science, if I'm sick I take medicine, if I'm worried I go the doctor, but I'm also anxious which means things get to me deeply. I can offer people rational, logical advice, but when it comes to myself - my brain switches off and allows the Cornish Pixies in the play (Harry Potter reference there ).

Anyway, both my parents have had both shots, perfectly fine, not a bother on them, dad being in his 70's and mum being in her 50's. My 1st dose I had a sore arm and some aches and pains, but now after hearing that the 2nd dose causes more symptoms, it is causing me to become anxious again.

If you had a 2nd dose, specifically Pfizer-BioNTech, how was it and how did you feel?

I'm trying not to think about long term side effects and stuff, because it becomes too much then, but so much on my mind about all this. Anywho, just wanted to know how others felt and how it was for them, see if it can help.

Re: Pfizer 2nd Dose - Worried About Side Effects?

After the first one I had a sore arm and was maybe a bit more tired (it was hard to tell to be honest as I'm tired a lot), I would say slightly more noticeable with the second as I had achey joints, but it went within a few days and I took paracetamol to help.

Honestly, I'd rather have a few days feeling a bit off rather than having a bad dose of Covid. The peace of mind I have is worth it.

Nothing at all for me with either 1st or 2nd Pfizer, Mischa. If you actually want the 2nd jab then I'd advise getting it done without excessive pre-vaccine "research" which will inevitably involve compulsory horror stories and dramatic exaggerations of routine symptoms.

My husband had #2 recently with no after affects. Mine is next Monday I am hoping for the same.

@Catkins That's good to hear, I had a sore arm 1st dose too. That's true, I'm just feeling anxious about it because of all I've read.

@Pulisa I know, from everything I've already read, it caused me to become anxious and worried that I'll be the one to get it super bad or something.

@NancyW Great to hear, I'm hoping too. I've worked myself up from all the news and research I've read out there, my own fault I know.

Quote Originally Posted by mischamoonlight View Post
    @Pulisa I know, from everything I've already read, it caused me to become anxious and worried that I'll be the one to get it super bad or something.
    Why should you be "the one" though? This is just catastrophising again. Much more likely that you will have a routine response like everyone else.

i had 2nd pfizer in jan as a care worker and no symptoms on either except tiredness, sore arm

also had 2 ecgs in april and all fine (im late 40's)

i know saying try not to stress is hard to do but you will be fine and try not to worry x

I had the same concern and apart from a MASSIVE bruise which lasted weeks I was fine. My daughter had her second Pfizer on Sunday and has been fine. Take a couple of paracetamol beforehand.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information