Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pfizer 2nd Dose - Worried About Side Effects?

Re: Pfizer 2nd Dose - Worried About Side Effects?

Well done Mischa! You'll be fine, just take it easy if you feel a little rough. Let us know how you're getting on

Really well done from me too! Don't be over vigilant though with your thermometer!!

@elizabethalice thank you! Yeah, I'm going to just do nothing all weekend if I can. I will, so far, its just been a really sore arm, I've drank lots of water like they said too. I'll keep updated

@pulisa Thanks pulisa!! I won't I promise, I've just removed them from my sight, and not even going to think about it over the weekend as I do nothing lol! Will keep updated

Last night I got a fever, chills, muscle aches and my heart rate was a little up. Nothing overly scary, because I knew what they were.

This morning, the chills and muscle aches have gone, just the arm is sore from the injection. The fever I don't know because I haven't checked, but it's extremely warm here at the moment and I don't cope well when it goes above 25 anyway, I become quite sicky as well.

Just so nobody else panics, those were what I got but seemed to settle down by the next day. My heart rate is only slightly up, but I also have Pcos and my hormones are all over the place right now, which isn't helping, add in nearly 30 degrees and I feel rotten anyway.

I'm getting some paracetamol, just as an extra net if I need them. I also drank about 3 litres of water yesterday, which I think probably helped. Other than that, I'm just taking it real easy, staying out of the sun and not doing anything strenuous, which wouldn't be good for me in this heat anyway.

Just a little update that I did get some side effects but they are the ones they list, it did feel like a flu, but it's settled down the very next morning. Hope that helps. 🙂

Thank you for reporting in, glad you're feeling better. I'd feel better about my #2 on Monday if you had no reaction lol :-)

@NnacyW You will be fine Nancy, honestly. You probably will have no side effects, or very little, mine are almost all gone and it's only been 24 hours. Just take some time to relax, watch a movie or go for a walk perhaps, something to ease your mind, or talk to the nurse/doctor about your fears; they're really good at explaining about it and giving a better understanding than anything you see online or on TV.

I'll be keeping updated now and then but so far, most symptoms have been and gone already. I had paracetamol but didn't need them, but if you do, just take them if you can. Let me/us know how you get on Monday, and I'll be here to support whatever way I can. Honestly, I think you are going to be just fine

Also people should give Dr. Google a wide berth and pay more attention to persons like Dr. John Campbell and his ilk.

Having said that, I'm a bit disappointed with Tim Spector right now as his ZOE site shows about 31k cases unlike the dashboard site which shows 54k cases, plus on Thursday he proclaimed that cases are plateauing, which is far from the truth.

It's as if he's been kipping under a rock for the past couple of weeks!

BTW, congrats to you Mischamoonlight for finally biting the bullet and getting the second jab.

You won't regret it, mark my words.

I wouldn't pay much attention to any of these sites. "They" don't know how this will pan out.

Glad you're doing so well, Mischa and well done! Nancy, I don't know of anyone in the "older" bracket who has had a bad reaction to either Pfizer jab (I'm early sixties). I certainly didn't. Even if you do feel a bit "off" at least you will know why.

@Pulisa Thanks Pulisa! Yeah, older people seem to have less side effects which doesn't mean its less effective, it just effects people differently. My step father is 74 and after both PfizerBionTech vaccines he had no side effects whatsoever. My mum also had the same and she has a very serious immune disorder and both injections, no side effects. Then me, 33 had them, and as I said, for someone like me who has very very bad anxiety, I knew what the symptoms were, and it wasn't very dramatic. Sore arm, a slight (and I mean very mild) fever, chills and muscle aches, which have all but gone 24 hours later with little to no interferince in my day.

I drank plenty of water like the nurse said, I rested for the whole day, took a couple naps, watched a movie, and it really does help doing nothing sometimes, allows you to just relax and have time to yourself. And avoid all internet stuff. Hope that helps @NancyW

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information