Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have covid

I have covid

Hi there ,I'm really not well at all with covid I'm on day 6 and my temperature keeps going up and down ,I feel so sick can't eat a thing . All this despite having the 2 vaccines. I haven't been out of bed in 6 days as I cant move except when I went to get checked out at the covid assessment centre on Sunday. I'm so scared it's going to get worse . I can't sleep or think straight. My anxiety is through the roof . Need some support if possible xx

Re: I have covid

Hey Molly,

Thought I'd start your thread off. I haven't had covid myself, but there are quite a few people on here who have, so hopefully they can help more effectively. I just wanted to say that I should think the fact that you've had the vaccines must have given you (hopefully) some immunity and I do hope you've got access to GP support as well to advise you. Apart from the temperature how are you feeling with other symptoms ? I can entirely understand why you are so anxious, I know I would probably be the same, but do remember that this isn't hitting people like it was a year ago and I'm sure you will fight this off just fine.

I am not sure which vaccine you had (assuming Astra Zeneca since you are in Scotland, at least according to the little flag by your name?), and cannot speak from personal experience, but I can say this. Here, in the US, 99.5% of all covid deaths are associated with unvaccinated people. I have some close friends whose whole family got it prior to the vaccines being available, and unvaccinated, he was sick for weeks, so with good fortune and the vaccine at work, it will pass. While the road can be long, especially when you are the sick one, you have the vaccine going for you. Hang in there! We are here if you need a sounding board that understands anxiety.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

The good news is that since you'd had both vaccines, it should help you avoid the hospital, but I'm sorry that you're feeling so poorly. Can you call your doc and see if they can give you something to help you get some rest? You need plenty of rest and fluids.

Have you officially tested positive for Covid, Molly?

Hi guys thank you for your replies I ended going back over to the covid assessment centre as I just cant get over the nausea it is debilitating. Between that and the headache it's really not fun. I seem to get my temperature down then it spikes again. Oh and to top it off I've started having missed beats again just to scare me even more.

I've had the Astra zeneca and yes I tested positive last Wednesday for covid.

Xx

So did they give you anything for the nausea at the center?

No unfortunately no meds for the nausea as I have a severe reaction to anti nausea meds especially stemitil but I've been told to stay away from all of them just in case . Just hoping it passes soon.

Xx

Oh Molly, I hope you are feeling better soon, I wonder if the nausea, along with the ectopics are partly being caused by the anxiety of having covid. Mind, its hard to know what is what isn't it, as I know someone who gets any cold virus at all and the glands in her stomach swell and she vomits. Done it since being a child.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information