Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Generally fed up of feeling rubbish every day.

Generally fed up of feeling rubbish every day.

Says it all in the title really! I feel absolutely rubbish every morning when I wake up. My neck hurts, hands hurt, ankles hurt, shoulder blade hurts and has done for 3 years. I have piles I've had for years which I constantly worry about. I still worry about finding lumps in my breasts even though I've been for an ultrasound 8 months ago. Pretty much a joy to live with! I don't know what I'm asking for here, just maybe people who feel the same? I'm only 36 too! I have a blood test next week to check rheumatoid levels and vitamin D level as I was deficient a couple of years ago.

Re: Generally fed up of feeling rubbish every day.

Okay, so, what are you doing to manage your worries?

Mostly occupying myself every hour of the day and ignoring it! Been on every antidepressant ever made, didn't get on with therapy so looks like it's my only choice.

That stinks, I'm sorry. There are different types of therapy available, though, it may be worth investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria84 View Post
    Says it all in the title really! I feel absolutely rubbish every morning when I wake up. My neck hurts, hands hurt, ankles hurt, shoulder blade hurts and has done for 3 years. I have piles I've had for years which I constantly worry about. I still worry about finding lumps in my breasts even though I've been for an ultrasound 8 months ago. Pretty much a joy to live with! I don't know what I'm asking for here, just maybe people who feel the same? I'm only 36 too! I have a blood test next week to check rheumatoid levels and vitamin D level as I was deficient a couple of years ago.
    Sounds a bit like like fibromyalgia to me? Aside the piles...

Vitamin D deficiency is very common with fibro. Has anybody suggested FMS to you? One to consider of rheumatoid shizzle is ruled out?

In answer to the your question if anybody feels the same? I generally feel like absolute shite when I wake up. Also during the day. Also during the evening. Also, when I'm asleep.

It's a good job I got my head around health anxiety eh?

Thank you. My mum has fibromyalgia I'm thinking maybe that delight has been passed on to me.

Thank you. My mum has fibromyalgia I'm thinking maybe that delight has been passed on to me.
    Agree with NoraB - definitely that feeling each morning as if you have been run over by a truck is a fibro thing. Unexplained aches, pains that rove about, and certainly the tress you are under triggers fibro-flares ups ... as it probably does your piles.

My mum suffered from arthritis and passed a lot of genetic predispositions down to me ... including the fibromyalgia from which I suspect she also suffers. Just masked by the arthritis.

Thank you ladies, not nice that we all feel rubbish but nice to know I'm not alone! I've mentioned the fibro to my doctor before and she just palms out antidepressants

Thank you ladies, not nice that we all feel rubbish but nice to know I'm not alone! I've mentioned the fibro to my doctor before and she just palms out antidepressants
    Here's what you do...

Go to your GP. Tell her that you have reason to believe you've developed fibromyalgia and you'd like to be referred to rheumatology to be assessed..

Don't take no for an answer and if she says anything about fibro not being a 'real' condition - bring up the NHS fibromyalgia webpage on your phone and ask her if she thinks that a condition which doesn't exist would warrant it's own webpage or the consultants who diagnose it?

Your doctor works for you. You're the client.

I wish I could be like that, unfortunately, I go into the doctors and get tongue tied, I'm very quiet and don't want to bother people. I'm seriously going to have to man up and insist this time because this has just gone on long enough. The doctor that phoned me was different from my usual one so I might try to go see her instead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information