Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2nd dose is in me now

2nd dose is in me now

Just wanted to share a happy dance that I got my second vaccine dose. I had posted here because I had such trouble with my first AZ dose - both in terms of anxiety, and feeling quite ill after it (nothing serious, but also not fun).

I had to take some time off work for mental health reasons a couple of weeks ago, and my husband happened on an earlier second dose appointment, and I couldn't go through with it then. But by the end of my time off, I was having some serious vaccine envy. So I started getting on end-of-day lists and such. Today, I got an email while I was in a meeting that there was a walk-on clinic on my way home, and even though I was really nervous I was just ready to do it. So I did.

I'm really tired now, but largely because I was so hyped up and anxious before the shot. I told my boss (because she was the one who sent me the email) and she is already telling me to take it easy tomorrow.

So I had AZ as my first dose, and Moderna as my second. I have some minor HA happening right now, but nothing like before.

For all those afraid of getting their shot... you can do this. It can be a bit of a rough ride, but it's going to be okay. You got this.

Re: 2nd dose is in me now

Bravo to you !!

So interesting that they are mixing them, don't believe that's happening in the US.

Please keep us posted on how you're doing. My husband literally had no affects from #1 or #2.

Well done!!

Well done EKB! Congratulations on your vaccination!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NancyW View Post
    Bravo to you !!

So interesting that they are mixing them, don't believe that's happening in the US.

Please keep us posted on how you're doing. My husband literally had no affects from #1 or #2.
    A problem we’ve had in Canada is that we have no domestic vaccine manufacturing, so we rely completely on imports, which tend to come in big chunks of one kind or another. When I got my AZ shot back in April, there was lots of supply at risk of expiring. Right now, there’s lots of Moderna they are trying to get into arms. So the mixing has helped getting people vaccinated faster even when imports are uncertain. But it’s definitely shown we need to put some effort in to some domestic manufacturing here.

Woke up this morning with body aches and a slight fever. Nothing severe but enough to make it hard to find a comfortable position to get back to sleep. And my arm is quite sore and a bit tingly - but I put the tingling down to some already existing nerve stuff I have going on in there (so any inflammation is going to make that act up). I took an ibuprofen and I’ll take a Tylenol in a couple hours if I need to.

Hopefully this will pass quickly. But I am mostly relieved that I’ve gotten to this point.

Quote Originally Posted by EKB View Post
    I am mostly relieved that I’ve gotten to this point.
    I want to be you. :-)

5 days to #2 pfizer

I want to be you. :-)

5 days to #2 pfizer
    You’re nearly there! I hope the time passes quickly and that everything goes smoothly!

Just wanted to update this for those wondering what they might expect if they do have side effects. Keeping in mind, the vast majority of people I know have only had a sore arm and some tiredness. But if you’re not one of those people, it can help to know what you’re experiencing is still within the bounds of normal, and will subside.

I had a bit of a rotten night last night. Just uncomfortable, fever went up a bit (but still, quite a low-grade… just enough to be bothersome and make me feel sorry for myself), some slight chills (absolutely nothing like my first dose!) just couldn’t work out if I was hot or cold.

This morning, I’m pretty darn good. Bit tired from the crummy sleep, but no fever at all, no real aches or chills to speak of, and my arm isn’t nearly as sore as it was.

So, that’s that! Less than 24 hours of feeling a bit ill, and then back to normal.

Thank you for the update, I had #2 at 1030 am this morning, feeling a little nervous about going to bed and waking up sick.

Fingers crossed. xxxxx

Thank you for the update, I had #2 at 1030 am this morning, feeling a little nervous about going to bed and waking up sick.

Fingers crossed. xxxxx
    I hope you’re feeling okay today! But if you aren’t don’t worry, it will be short lived. Hooray to being fully vaccinated!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information