Thread: Just tested positive for corona virus.

Just tested positive for corona virus.

I am absolutely terrified that I won’t survive it, I don’t have any underlying health conditions from what I know of but I think on it and realise I don’t really feel 100% healthy anyways, I also have a eating disorder so I’ll be very low on a lot of things my body needs, so that has me scared too.

Has anyone else had corona virus on here and could give me some insight on how it is, how long it lasted etc… my symptoms started on Sunday, I couldn’t even walk without feel faint and exhausted, my throat was extremely sore, today my cough has started and my chest is really sore.

It feels like my heart is jumping out of my chest and I can’t seem to calm it down, which scares me as I’ve suffered from heart palpitations everyday for 3 years 😢

Thanks for reading!

Re: Just tested positive for corona virus.

Hi Jess, sorry to hear you've tested postive. How old are you? And have you had any vaccines?

Please don't panic. Its mild for a lot of people. My boyfriend and I both had it and we are fine now, it took about 3 weeks for us but some of my friends were recovered after a week.

Stay on here, lots of us have had it and can help you.

Hi Jess, my husband, my son and I had covid in November. Like Elizabeth said it took about 3 weeks to shake it.

Sounds like you have the typical symptoms, take it easy and rest. Let your body do the fighting.

If you haven't lost you taste and smell yet don't be surprised if it disappears.

I really couldn't do much while I had it, I got winded quick and my heart raced. Im sure you'll do just fine, keep in touch with us we'll help you through :-)

Hi Jess

I have covid too im on day 8 and I've felt pretty unwell but I feel as if my temperature is staying down more now . It absolutely does make you feel very anxious ive been a nervous wreck too. Like the other posters said it will take time to recover but you will get there. Im still very weak and exhausted and I get palpitations too which have been worse since this started so that dosent help the panic but hopefully it passes soon. Ive had the 2 vaccines so I'm hoping that helped. Have you had vaccines yet?

Thank you all for your replies, I’m 24 and I haven’t had any of my vaccines, I’m now on day 5 and I just want it to get better

First day was really bad, I couldn’t move through feeling really dizzy and achy, second and third day wasn’t too bad so I stupidly thought I was getting over it, but the past two days I’ve had the worst cough and it hurts so bad!

Today my palpitations and chest pain have been bad, also pain in my neck, shoulder and down my arm so I’ve convinced myself I’m having a heart attack or I have heart disease and it’s took getting corona virus for me to find out

I’m finding it really hard to think what’s anxiety and brought on because of my HA or what’s due to corona virus, stupidly I google everything and I’m scared, I have two toddlers at home with me so I can’t really rest, it helps to take my mind off worrying throughout the day but I definitely get worse in the night time with the breathing and cough.

I hope you’re all ok, and thank you so much for replying to me x

I have two toddlers at home with me so I can’t really rest
    Oh goodness, do you have a partner ? You really could do with taking it easy and having some chilled out bed time.

Thread Information