Thread: Nobody around me understands

Nobody around me understands

lately my symptoms have been getting worse and i do have a doctor appt this wed however everyone around me will not even listen to one more word out of my mouth without getting mad and saying stop then walking away from me...

I do understand that i worry and complain most of the day but i really am worried that this darn dizziness thing is something bad cause i honestly have to lean on the counter at work to keep myself upright.. :(
    My family and my girlfriend are so sick of even being in the same room as me.. but why cant they see how bad this is? If it wasnt bad i wouldnt be so worried about the way i feel..

I just hope my doctor can find and fix what is wrong cause i've had this over a full year now and its killing me.. I just wanna go to sleep and wake up without any of this crap!

Re: Nobody around me understands

I am sorry you are going through this. But I can relate 100%. Nobody around me understands either and although its frustrating it is understandable because they have never had to experience the horror and fear involved. My husband and I have little arguments all the time because he cant understand why I take my blood pressure all the time and more.
    I really hope you get some answers on Wednesday and dont have to go through this much longer. Lots of luck!!! Make sure you update us.

joe i to have dizziness i feel ur pain. they dont understand becuase they havnt expereinced the dizzies liek us lol i goto this great website called the dizzylounge it talks abt mainly having dizziness maybe they can be of some help as well.

Hi Joe - I can totally relate to your problem.

Its been a little easier for me as I've been open to all for over 6 months, my family, my mates, even casual acquaintancies. Even my local Licensee (sp?) in my local pub asked me what I was reading. When I told him it was rehab for alcoholol / drugs (prescription based) even he agreed it was a good way to go.

Then someone asks me if I want another pint. You may as well wave a red flag infront of a bull.

Apparantly I'm going to be assessed for the 5th time on Nov 19th. Usually my treatment isn't available on the NHS and they have to approve funding.

Bottom line is I am seeking help, and my mates / friends just don't understand where I'm at. Its likely a massive life style change will result. Its self motiviation thats keeping me ploughinung forward. I know its hard, but if you dig deep enough in yourself, if you want to change you can.

Krakers.

Believe in yourself - if you want to get better you can. I WILL get better.
    Last edited by Krakers; 13-11-07 at 05:42. Reason: Spelling as usual

Hi Joe!
    Like you I have had the dizzies and any number of other worrying symptoms for YEARS.
    I used to constantly seek reassurance from mum,sister, partner, friends etc- but oddly enough I was never reassured!
    Now I am single and living in an isolated place and have been for 5 years. In all that time I dont think Ive mentioned my symptoms except occassionally to my best friend or my doc.(except for on here of course where i moan to my hearts content!)
    I dont think I feel any worse and I guess Ive just got used to the idea that if the worst happens Ill be on my own with it.
    Maybe you could try just not mentioning your worries?
    Its only my opinion but I dont think others understand, and they cant reassure you anyway, and at least you wont have to put up with their judgement as well as everything else.
    Anyway best of luck xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Joe1981 View Post

I do understand that i worry and complain most of the day but i really am worried that this darn dizziness thing is something bad cause i honestly have to lean on the counter at work to keep myself upright.. :(
    Hi Joe,

When I was bad with anxiety I had bad dizziness (amongst many other things). It was caused by hypervantilation.

Rule out other things by all means but then accept that it is just anxiety.

Fix the anxiety and the dizziness will go.

Go out and walk or cycle for half an hour each evening. Come home and have a shower and then.......... RELAX.

Everything is going to be allright Joe.

Thread Information