Thread: Heart worries

Heart worries

I’ve been having heart palpitations for about 4 ish years, I’d say I have them everyday. Some days I’ll only have a few and others they’re strong and constant throughout the day.

I went to my gp 3 years ago and they sent me for a 24 hour heart monitor, when I got my results the doctor said I needed to see a cardiologist as my heart beat was the wrong way round… no idea what they meant.
    I panicked and asked what that meant and they said it could be perfectly normal for you but let’s get it checked out.

I then seen the cardiologist and he told me he hadn’t seen my 24 hour monitor results but wanted to send me for a scan, and a stress test.

I only lasted roughly a minute on the stress test because I felt really faint so they ended it and said all heart monitoring within that time was fine.

I had my scan and they said everything was fine but they couldn’t get a view of my left artery so I was discharged back to my GP, I’ve thought about it since but never really worried me till now I’m having other symptoms and it’s worrying me, but I know my doctor will not send me for anymore tests so I don’t know what to do, is that enough testing to know I’m ok?

i’m spiralling at the minute over my heart and I don’t know what to do, anyone in a similar situation?

Re: Heart worries

How do you know they won't? 3 years is quite a while. Expain that although they discharged you it left you with questions and you would like to be re-assessed...

Sounds a funny thing to tell soeone about their heartbeat, at the very least you could ask for an explanation.

Thread Information