Thread: Thud in my chest

Thud in my chest

Ok so I’ve noticed a bit lately I just weird jumps in my chest!! Making me a little paranoid and scared, it takes my breathe away for a split second! Then gone, only one time it’s lasted a bit longer than that, but after a couple of breaths it’s gone again.
    So I’ve caught these a few times on my watch and it either drops my heart rate right down for one short moment or spikes it for a second

What on earth is going on?

I’m trying to stay calm as I’m really trying to curb the symptoms of anxiety but these scare me.. I can’t seem to win!

Yes my anxiety has been in full swing for some time now.. but having anxiety doesn’t make you immune .

Sarah x

http://Instagram.com/made_brightly

Re: Thud in my chest

I get these. Sometimes more frequently than others. I assumed it was a palpitation or skipped beat. Both are considered harmless. I had an ekg done about a year ago and my doctor didn't seem concerned about the thuds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuraimoar View Post
    I get these. Sometimes more frequently than others. I assumed it was a palpitation or skipped beat. Both are considered harmless. I had an ekg done about a year ago and my doctor didn't seem concerned about the thuds.
    Thankyou for replying.

I telephoned my doctor this afternoon and he’s not concerned either. Says ectopics are very normal and he’s happy to bring me in for an ecg next week if I am still getting them

Sarah x

HI Sarah,

I've had ectopics for about 30 years, sometimes very bad and frequent, sometimes disappears. They are very very common, and some people don't even realise they have them. Nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    HI Sarah,

I've had ectopics for about 30 years, sometimes very bad and frequent, sometimes disappears. They are very very common, and some people don't even realise they have them. Nothing to worry about.
    Absolutely, and same for me. Lately I've not had any - or at least not that I've noticed. But then there are times when I have several on a daily basis, for some random amount of time, and they disappear again.

I get ectopic beats. I used to get them a lot. I find that drinking a glass of cold water helps. Or I cough which kind of 're-sets' things.

I've also found that taking magnesium has significantly reduced them..

Nothing to fear Mrs R. X

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    I get ectopic beats. I used to get them a lot. I find that drinking a glass of cold water helps. Or I cough which kind of 're-sets' things.

I've also found that taking magnesium has significantly reduced them..

Nothing to fear Mrs R. X
    Thankyou again for putting me on the right path NoraB.

Anxiety is bad at the moment and I feel like I could ask a question in all of the categories on no more panic!!

Least it’s a lovely sunny day

Sarah x

I really appreciate everyone’s reply .

Sarah

Thread Information