Ok so I'm having some some CBT sessions around worrying and we're doing the concept of 'Worry time' and classifying worries as practical or hypothetical and I'm learning how to deal with them. I've had CBT in the past and found it helpful, but I'm really struggling with it this time. I'm not expecting miracles after just 2 sessions so far but any pointers would be helpful.

So the problems I'm experiencing are:

When I identify a worry, I'm putting it on a list in my phone. Once it's on the list I'm not meant to think about it anymore until 'worry time'. I'm finding this really difficult - once I start worrying or have a negative thought I'm finding it hard to shift.

When I get to the allotted 'worry time' I find it hard to settle to do it - I don't know, I might be putting obstacles in front of it to avoid doing it?

When I look at my list of worries I find I'm thinking a lot of them are ridiculous and I really have no control over them. I think it's because I generally feel better at the end of the afternoon/early evening but is it effective and should I be doing it when I'm actually feeling more anxious?

Last time I had CBT it was very much based around assertiveness and saying 'no' to things so I felt it was easier and had a very practical application, where I could see results quite quickly. I'm struggling with this one - which maybe means that I need it more? Any advice would be helpful.