Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Constant ectopics

Constant ectopics

Hi ive had covid the last 12 days and still feeling unwell. But the last few days I keep getting constant ectopics sometimes every 3rd beat . I went to a&e yesterday and had bloods and ecg and they caught a few on the ecg but said they are harmless. They don't feel harmless. I've had them on and off for years but lately they are back with a vengeance. Between trying to cope with covid and this its just a nightmare. All I want to do is lie down and rest but as soon as I do they get worse. My stomach is always full of wind at the top beside my diaphragm as I have a hiatus hernia which I try believe is making the ectopics worse. Im really struggling to cope with this .

Xx

Re: Constant ectopics

Hi Molly,
    I currently have covid as well and a hiatial hernia with air/wind at top of diaphram. First thing is to try and relax I know easier said than done but this makes my ectopic worse straight away as does the wind in tummy so for this I swear by Teinings fennel tea it's great for relieving that and also gaviscon or something g similar.Once you release the air this will help ease the ectopic.Try taking warm baths and doing deep breathing, remember you have been checked a few times and they are harmless so best thing you can do now is self care and try the gaviscone it will definitely help.

Re: Constant ectopics

Thank you .

I hope you are ok ? Covid is a nasty bug it seems to have went straight into my stomach as I have constant nausea. Are you experiencing this?

My hiatus hernia gives me constant reflux too nothing ever seems to help it .

The whole covid ectopics stomach issues has kicked my anxiety into over drive .

Xx

AFIB

So ended up in hospital last night with AFIB. First time I've had it I usually suffer svt and ectopics. It lasted about 1 hour and just went back to normal itself when I stood up to go to the toilet when I was in resus . I ended up in cornorary care unit all night . Bloods ,chest xray,echo all ok. Doc said he thinks I got it because I've been so unwell with covid . Just said it's not dangerous don't worry and just get on with your life . How can I? I'm so scared it happens again I cant stop crying.

Re: AFIB

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Anyone?

Molly, I got ambulanced to hospital in 2017 because my heart rate stuck at 145 bpm from 2am until they gave me a beta blocker at around 6am and it was jumping all over the gaff. I was that scared, I carried a beta blocker around with me wherever I went for ages after and that's even after I was taken off the buggers because I reacted to them! It was an unnecessary crutch. I never had to take one and it hasn't happened since and why would it? My heart is healthy and you're fine too.

You need to accept what the doctors have told you and move on...

SVT is an umbrella term for atrial tachycardia arrhythmia’s, there are several types of SVT with the most common being AVNRT. AFIB is a type of SVT.

I have SVT too but to my knowledge I have never been in AFIB. My husband on the other hand has AFIB and gets a handful of episodes per week.

Your doctor is right in that AFIB is not considered a malignant arrhythmia but there is a potential for blood clots in some people. My husband is on Multaq which is an anti arrhythmia drug and he is on Eliquis which is a blood thinner however not everyone with AFIB will be put on medication. It comes down to how frequent your episodes are, how long they last and what risk factors if any you have for blood clots because not everyone has the same risk factors. You are likely considered low risk or they would have put you on medication prior to being discharged from hospital.

You said you saw the doctor in hospital but have you seen a cardiologist since you were released? If not it’s a good idea to see one and if possible an EP would be best as arrhythmia’s are their area of expertise. If you can’t see an EP a regular cardiologist is fine as they also of course are educated on arrhythmia’s it’s just regular cardiologist is more for the plumbing where an EP is more for electrical.

Make sure you write down any questions you have ahead of time so you can make sure you get all your questions answered. You might never have another episode of AFIB but in the event it becomes a part of your life you will know everything you need to know by having the doctor explain things in a way that makes sense to you and by making sure you get all your questions answered.

Your no stranger to SVT and so you will be just fine (((hugs)))
    Last edited by Careful1; 02-08-21 at 14:09.

Thank you for your kind words . It has scared the hell out of me for sure. I'm lying here with a terrible headache today as between the AFib and covid I'm so drained I can hardly move and instead of just resting I start worrying I'm going to get a blood clot because I'm not moving. Health anxiety is the pitts.

I have not seen a cardiologist since yesterday morning in the hospital he was very unconcerned about the whole thing . I was told my echo was normal and my heart is structurally normal but my gp says I have mitral valve regurgitation which is common . But I was told in cornorary care my echo was completely normal so I called my cardiologist and spoke with the secretary and she said my discharge letter states echo is normal . But why wasn't I told about the mitral valve regurgitation by the cardiologist. No one seems to care about it but of course I'm ill with worry over it . Hate this.

I was also told I'm not at risk.of clots from AFib as I was only in it for 1 hour and hopefully it dosent happen again.

If you saw a cardiologist in hospital and he wasn’t concerned then you are okay 😉

Even with mitral valve regurgitation (which is pretty common) an echo can still be considered normal, It probably isn’t significant enough for it to be otherwise. I have mild mitral valve prolapse and regurgitation and my echo is normal, they just keep an eye on it. I wouldn’t worry about it at this time.

If you need rest, rest. Do not concern yourself with blood clots. We sleep for hours at night without moving and we don’t get blood clots and the type of blood clots that are caused by AFIB have nothing to do with being immobile. Its good that you are at low risk for blood clots so you won’t have to take a blood thinner. That’s great news.

The AFIB may very well be an unfortunate side effect of COVID and hopefully it doesn’t happen again but don’t let the possibility that it will determine the way you live your life. Don’t allow the anxiety to steal away your happiness.
    Last edited by Careful1; 22-07-21 at 19:20.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information