I'll start by saying this is definitely real. I actually have heart disease. Those that know me know I've had two heart attacks, triple bypass surgery and stents. The last procedure was done in 2013. I also have angina and have nitro to help when needed. The last two weeks I've had some upper back pain (between the shoulder blades) and chest tightness/pain several times. Fortunately the nitro has helped. I've had to take the pill more times in the last couple of weeks than in the last year and that's got me concerned. I wrote my cardiologist and she prescribed a stronger dose of nitro. She didn't seem that concerned but encouraged me to get checked ASAP.

I just started a new job after being unemployed for 6+ months and I'm in training 5 days a week 8+ hours a day. I can't afford to miss any time as the job requires I have the training in order to perform properly and frankly, there's a lot to learn and absorb. Once I finish training (mid August), I'll know my schedule and can arrange an appointment to get tests run and see what's going on as it's been a few years since my last run of tests. In the mean time, I've been feeling pretty crappy :( The symptoms (upper back pain between the shoulder blades and chest tightness) have been pretty consistent off and on throughout the days. The Nitro alleviates it but it's a definite sign of disease progression :(

Anyway.... it certainly has gotten my guard up and naturally the anxiety associated with it. The thing is, with my real physical condition, any time I get discomfort enough to take a nitro, there's that waiting period (15 minutes or so) that dictates whether I head to the ER or not. So far so good but dang, it's stressful! I felt like shite today but things have eased up this afternoon. Just hoping it will stay stable for another month.

Posting this to show that even I have my moments.

FMP