Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Been feeling like crapola :(

Been feeling like crapola :(

I'll start by saying this is definitely real. I actually have heart disease. Those that know me know I've had two heart attacks, triple bypass surgery and stents. The last procedure was done in 2013. I also have angina and have nitro to help when needed. The last two weeks I've had some upper back pain (between the shoulder blades) and chest tightness/pain several times. Fortunately the nitro has helped. I've had to take the pill more times in the last couple of weeks than in the last year and that's got me concerned. I wrote my cardiologist and she prescribed a stronger dose of nitro. She didn't seem that concerned but encouraged me to get checked ASAP.

I just started a new job after being unemployed for 6+ months and I'm in training 5 days a week 8+ hours a day. I can't afford to miss any time as the job requires I have the training in order to perform properly and frankly, there's a lot to learn and absorb. Once I finish training (mid August), I'll know my schedule and can arrange an appointment to get tests run and see what's going on as it's been a few years since my last run of tests. In the mean time, I've been feeling pretty crappy :( The symptoms (upper back pain between the shoulder blades and chest tightness) have been pretty consistent off and on throughout the days. The Nitro alleviates it but it's a definite sign of disease progression :(

Anyway.... it certainly has gotten my guard up and naturally the anxiety associated with it. The thing is, with my real physical condition, any time I get discomfort enough to take a nitro, there's that waiting period (15 minutes or so) that dictates whether I head to the ER or not. So far so good but dang, it's stressful! I felt like shite today but things have eased up this afternoon. Just hoping it will stay stable for another month.

Posting this to show that even I have my moments.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Been feeling like crapola :(

So so sorry you are going through this FMP. Wish there was something we could do that would help you feel better. I know that I - and so many others - will be thinking of you and wishing you well xx

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    So so sorry you are going through this FMP. Wish there was something we could do that would help you feel better. I know that I - and so many others - will be thinking of you and wishing you well xx
    Thanks JoJo.... that's all I could ask for...

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

It is hard getting back in the routine of work after being off for so long (trust me; it's like that for teachers every summer), but I can only imagine how worn out I'd be feeling if I had heart issues on top of it. Plus the older we get, the more our bodies like to resist change. Is the back pain from the angina is or the back pain a separate issue?

Hang in there, FMP.

Thanks AV... I'm not entirely sure but the pain is between the shoulder blades and feels more inside than out if that makes any sense. It's been radiating from the back to the front and my chest has felt heavy and tight off and on the last week. It kind of feels like GERD but like I said, the nitro alleviates it which lends itself to being cardio-vascular as opposed to muscular or digestive. My 1st heart attack was very apparent as the pain was inside in the front and debilitating. My 2nd was similar to what I'm feeling now but much more severe. I'm just thinking this could be a warning sign as I do have heart disease and it's been 8 years since the stents were put in. Something is going on. Just not sure what. Fortunately, the place I work at has medical facilities on campus so if I really start feeling bad, I can always head there. I felt pretty miserable this morning but things have eased up as the day has gone on. Feeling Ok for now.... just a headache and some fatigue. The wife and I went for a mile walk with the doggie at a fast pace about an hour ago and other than being a little winded I was Ok.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 18-07-21 at 01:47.

Well, you would know more than anyone what a true heart attack feels like. But I have a history of back pain, due to a car accident, and when i'm having spasms in my trapezius muscles in the back, I can often feel it in my chest as well.

Have you had your physical and blood draw for this year yet?

Not sure what to tell you, FMP, other than that I'm sorry you're in this horrible situation.

I know what you've said, but please don't put a job before your health?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Posting this to show that even I have my moments.

FMP
    Okay! That's it! You're fired from No More Panic! And I thought you were invincible. Pfft! (just kidding)

Seriously, Fishmanpa, I feel ya man. Even though I never post any of my anxious thoughts or panic attacks here, heck, I have my moments as well. Even the best of us are not immune. Right? Anyway I hope things get better for you and you have a smooth transition into your new job. And congrats on that too, BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Thanks AV... I'm not entirely sure but the pain is between the shoulder blades and feels more inside than out if that makes any sense. It's been radiating from the back to the front and my chest has felt heavy and tight off and on the last week. It kind of feels like GERD but like I said, the nitro alleviates it which lends itself to being cardio-vascular as opposed to muscular or digestive. My 1st heart attack was very apparent as the pain was inside in the front and debilitating. My 2nd was similar to what I'm feeling now but much more severe. I'm just thinking this could be a warning sign as I do have heart disease and it's been 8 years since the stents were put in. Something is going on. Just not sure what. Fortunately, the place I work at has medical facilities on campus so if I really start feeling bad, I can always head there. I felt pretty miserable this morning but things have eased up as the day has gone on. Feeling Ok for now.... just a headache and some fatigue. The wife and I went for a mile walk with the doggie at a fast pace about an hour ago and other than being a little winded I was Ok.

Positive thoughts

I hope it's only just a case of stress/anxiety for ya man, I really do, because of your new job and whatever else may be stressing you out right now. My old man has got two stents from heart disease, but he can always tell when it's another blockage/heart issues and not his nerves. He'd tell me "you just know". That probably doesn't help ya, but if you're posting here about it and you're not quite sure, well it seems more like anxiety and stress to me. But like AntsyVee said, "you would know more than anyone what a true heart attack feels like".

Oh FMP, I feel for you it must be very scary. You know what to do do, it's hard, but you have all the knowledge/experience to get you through this.

I'll be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts. Keep us informed. Xx

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information