Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Been feeling like crapola :(

Re: Been feeling like crapola :(

How are things?

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    How are things?
    Thanks for asking Catkins. I'm feeling Ok. Just tired. The new job and hours are draining for sure. Fortunately, I've not had any pain nor needed a nitro since earlier this week. My cardiologist sent me a note and made an adjustment to my meds until I get in to see her. So far so good.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

FMP, I'm sure the new job has had a lot to do with the way you feel. That will settle as I think it's already doing. xx

Glad things seem to be a bit more stable for now, FMP. Don’t push yourself too hard xx

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Thanks for asking Catkins. I'm feeling Ok. Just tired. The new job and hours are draining for sure. Fortunately, I've not had any pain nor needed a nitro since earlier this week. My cardiologist sent me a note and made an adjustment to my meds until I get in to see her. So far so good.

Positive thoughts
    Good to hear, FMP!

Glad you have got this meds adjustment and that your cardiologist is looking after you. No new job is worth making yourself ill. Please look after yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Glad you have got this meds adjustment and that your cardiologist is looking after you. No new job is worth making yourself ill. Please look after yourself?
    Thanks P.... I do think some of what I'm feeling is truly heart related (as does my doctor) but the stress of the new job, going from basically reclining to a desk 8+ hours a day is definitely having an effect. The job (a MSR at a credit union in the fraud division) is a stressful job but I've done similar work at the bank I worked for. The thing is, the pay and benefits are awesome and I only have 4 years until I retire. When I can get myself into the groove, this will be a piece of cake. The stress comes from trying to learn their systems, software and procedures, basically everything, in 6 weeks We started taking member calls last week and yeah, it's challenging to say the least. But quoting Confucius, "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." So the more I do it, the more comfortable I'll become.

The issue concerning my heart is another matter. It's been 14 years since my bypass and 9 years since my stents. I have diagnosed heart disease and it's not like it just goes away or gets better. Yeah, diet and exercise as well as meds help but it is a progressive disease. I'll be going for tests in the near future and we'll be able to get a better picture (literally) of what's going on. Worst case it may be some surgery (more stents), ​best case the med adjustments or an additional med may be necessary.

In the mean time, I just have to keep an eye on things. I'm feeling 'Ok' but definitely not up to par. Part of that is due to the med increase I'm sure and part to just being mentally and physically exhausted. But rest assured, I'm being vigilant and monitoring things.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Good to hear FMP. Take it easy and enjoy your weekend.

I remember you from years back always helping people. Glad to see you're still (relatively) ok. Have you heard of Dr Esselstyn? You should really look into his work if you're worried. The thing about coronary artery disease is that you can do something about it, which is great. The other forms of heart disease and abnormalities are a much scarier thought, imo.

It's a huge commitment and lifestyle change but you have nothing to lose. Give it 100% effort for 6 months and see how you feel/what your health markers are saying.

Not saying it is absolutely guaranteed to work, but you'd be giving yourself the best possible chance.

How are you doing FMP? X

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information