Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post covid fear

Post covid fear

Hi there all

hope you are all well

i am a long term viewer of this post (well i did when i had a bout of anxiety a few years ago) but this time i cant shake it off

im not here for drawing attention to myself or for sympathy but just going to talk a little brief about myself so you peeps get to know my situation and advise if you can

so im a 38yr old male living with 2 young children and my missus. i dont have any brothers or sisters or any family and my inlaws live far away. i have always been an anxious person but now it really is scary post covid. In the past i used to have a few short lived anxiety moments and move on but as time has gotten by these have become more and more instence.

the first major instance was about 5 years ago in my job. At work I was expected to do more than my workload by a very politically minded individual(im a straightforward guy) where i had phone calls and txts being sent to me at stupid O clock in the morning. as time went by this got too much. I developed a pain in my lower left abdomen and as im only about 46KG my weight rapidly drops when such stuff happens and I lost my appetite + stopped eating. several visits to the doctor who said its gastritis form which i was convinced it was not but i took the antacid tablets which did not help. as time went by my weight dropped libido went, i became quiet etc and then i had a camera down me and it all showed clear. during this time my mental health spiraled out of control even though i was sleeping and i said to my wife 1 day that im going to A and E and was terrified of the kids for fear im going to get admitted. this hospital did a few bloods and said all is ok, seems like IBS. then i discovered buscopan (i dont eat medicine unless i need to incl paracetamol) buscopan helped.

i went on holiday after this and this sum what eased my mind but as i got back i was anxious again. i dropped to 38KGish by this time so was very weak and bony. after a final ultrasound scan and bloods all was clear and at this time i started to get to grips that it must have been an anxiety sitation and over the next few months miracosuly my appetite came back and thankfully i regained health

so now the current sitation im in and very scared is 10 weeks ago i had covid. was not bad at all. i had 2 days fever followed by a week of loss of smell taste and a upset stomach. my cough was not bad and i hada raw chest ache. this has all gone now thankfully

However 3 weeks ago is when hell has started. it started off by my hands and feet tingling waking up in the morning with my pink finger all the way down to my elbow numb and i put this down to my tight shirt. however after this things have gone very bad. i am currently on my 2nd day off work sick. the pins and needles in my hands have become very painful weidly when i lie down and i cant sleep. i have not slept well for the last 2 weeks. in this time i went to my docs a few times and the usual stress anxiety stress and you will be fine but i cant sleep at night. so i went to a and E and they said its pheriperhal neurpathy and they advised paracetmaol as the first cheap less risky medicien before there some others i can try. they have said it may be permanent(hope not) hte weird thing is it sometimes goes away and as i type this its not bothersome and my hands are fine. yesterday i spent time with my kids in the park and it abosuiltely fine i thoiught i had recovered

so peeps i have lost weight im down to 43kgish which is still ok for me but not good as im going downhill. my other symptons are brain fogand extreme fatigue that comes and goes. so is there anybody else that is in my shoes. what can i do? what can i eat as i feel sick. its a weird phenomena as when i eat midway chewing it makes me gag so i sip mint tea before hand. i wont say anymore i will let you read and reply

also just to add as well recently is that a couple of nights ago i developed a very weird senstation where my handhood just "shrunk" and felt odd. unfortunately i have been unable to get an erection. also it burnt really bad few nights ago that did not let mee sleep. "https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/shrinking-penises-night-terrors-among-24545920" im quite healthy and never had it before. also it hurts when i pee and i have been needing to pee more despite only little coming out. i really dont know if its my anxiety or am i now in the grips of long covid?

any advice would be appreciated
    Last edited by ntuser; 18-07-21 at 09:00.

Re: Post covid fear

Quote Originally Posted by ntuser View Post
    so peeps i have lost weight im down to 43kgish which is still ok for me but not good as im going downhill. my other symptons are brain fogand extreme fatigue that comes and goes. so is there anybody else that is in my shoes. what can i do?
    I lost 2 stone on the mental breakdown diet. I was convinced I had cancer (amongst other diseases) I even looked ill - all bony and pale-skinned - but the tests (aside Vit D) kept coming back clear..

what can i eat as i feel sick. its a weird phenomena as when i eat midway chewing it makes me gag so i sip mint tea before hand. i wont say anymore i will let you read and reply
    I felt sick 24/7. I was sick sometimes. I couldn't eat or speak without retching.. I ventured out down town one day and retched so much that I was sick into my hand as I was walking down the street..

I couldn't eat proper meals. No chance, so I had to try and eat little and often. My anxiety was orbital so my body was constantly in fight or flight mode and the last thing your body wants to do when it's primed to run like buggery (or stay and fight mad axemen) is to nosh down egg and chips, right? So I got me some Complan's, crackers, and soup. Food that was easy on the digestion but also nutritious, and I literally just had to get it inside me. I had ZERO appetite!

I practically lived on ginger tea for nausea, and at my worst, I was drinking numerous cups of that a day, plus wearing anti-sickness bands on my wrists.

Turns out that mine was a combination of fibromyalgia and severe anxiety (due to the undiagnosed fibro) but anxiety alone can make us feel very ill indeed..

also just to add as well recently is that a couple of nights ago i developed a very weird senstation where my handhood just "shrunk" and felt odd. unfortunately i have been unable to get an erection. also it burnt really bad few nights ago that did not let mee sleep. "https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/shrinking-penises-night-terrors-among-24545920"
    Can't help you with ya todger, but I can verify that anxiety has mucked around with my libido and my waterworks..

That news story you've linked to... did you read that before or after the todger issues?

Sounds very much like anxiety has you by the proverbial balls...

I get a lot of pins and needles, although not as much as it sounds like you do. I've accredited mine to working out - I get it a lot at the moment because I'm hiking a lot - but it could be other things! It was actually quite bad post covid so maybe it is related, but I haven't thought mine to be bad enough to warrant seeing the doctor yet especially as it comes and goes.

I'd say the brain fog and tiredness could be long covid, if these symptoms are persistent it might be worth speaking to the doctor again about it. There are long covid clinics that can help.

It would be a bit strange though that the symptoms started a while after. But the doctor can advise. I will say that post having covid things do seem to hit myself and my boyfriend a lot harder - we had a cold the other week that absolutely wiped us out.

Have you had your covid vax? If it is long covid the vaccine seems to be helping ease the symptoms.

Also, mental long covid is definitely a thing. I still feel incredibly anxious about everything and having covid definitely made it worse - i had it quite mildly but my boyfriend was worse and I'm definitely still feeling the impacts of that.

Sorry I cant be more help, but I'd definitely go back to the doctor and relay your concerns - and if they say its just anxiety, ask them how they can help you with that.

Hey norab thanks for replying

I did have a mental breakdown as i sed in my post where i did not sleep for like 3 days but in this isntance its nerve pain

I will try ur diet as pple have told me for nerve pain diet to stay away from sugar and fat.

My vits were tested b4 my covid but i want them tested again. As i have solgar vitamins nutricia fortisip awaiting. Which wud u recomend, multivitmains the fortisip protein thing or complan?

As for the downbelow issue, i was fine from the 1st july. All plumbing was ok but just recently i thought natural love making may help with anxiety and thats when i realised ive got an issue. I think i saw that article after my issue. I also had burning when peeing but any males out there.. does this sound like a prostate issue. It came on so suddenly and my manhood was very sore that i had to remove my lower garments to sleep Hmm im not sure, long covid or anxiety? Very weird symptons

So norab what exactly was ur diet to get back on track if i may ask? Did u go to docs regarding fibro?

My vits were tested b4 my covid but i want them tested again. As i have solgar vitamins nutricia fortisip awaiting. Which wud u recomend, multivitmains the fortisip protein thing or complan?
    I developed CS as well, and I discovered that I was (sensitive to the fillers they use in supplements. However, I managed to get a multi-vit in a spray and I take Vit D and B12 (but that's because I have diagnosed deficiencies)

If you're not chemically sensitive then you can really shop about and find what works best for you. I never tried the Fortisips. The Complans didn't help with the nausea or my IBS but it was a case of need's must at that point..

[/QUOTE] As for the downbelow issue, i was fine from the 1st july. All plumbing was ok but just recently i thought natural love making may help with anxiety[/QUOTE]

Didn't with me. Nothing worked down there. Tom Hardy could have stood in my bedroom (starkers) with a bottle of chip oil and a cheeky grin and it wouldn't have made any difference!

I also had burning when peeing but any males out there.. does this sound like a prostate issue.
    Not likely at your age..

So norab what exactly was ur diet to get back on track if i may ask? Did u go to docs regarding fibro?
    After 6 years of hell and one mental breakdown, I realised that a lot of autistics have fibromyalgia, so I researched the condition - and there I was, right down to the low vitamin D! I went into see my GP armed with 4 pages of A4 (he was v impressed lol) and though he wasn't clued up on the condition, he did agree that those symptoms (not explained by anxiety) fitted and he referred me to rheumatology. I was diagnosed a year later.

RE diet? Do mean literally or proverbially?

My gp is not helpful. I had my bloods done in aprilnas i took holland and batrett vit d spray. I reacted to it badly had palpiations high heart rate so i had bloods dun all was ok but vit d was at 36

I dont like multivits but again as needs must. I discovered yday i had a bit more food than late and it made me drowsy as in nice and drowsy to sleep but unfortunately my pain woke me and now my blood pressure is a little high

I have not had the jab and i also got covid very lightly 10 weeks ago. I am thinking of getting it. Its weird elisbeth that u had it lightly but its bad now. Its even weird for me to relapse from about 8 weeks. As for.my todger it seems ok now no burning but will have to wait for.launch day!

Norab- literaly what were u eating when u were ill
    Last edited by ntuser; 18-07-21 at 12:33.

For weight gain I would suggest 1-2 nutri drinks per day. They are high in calories and contain vitamins and other nutrinients. You can get them at the pharmacy. Also try to take a handful of almonds or walnuts 2-3 times per day, between the meals.

I found Metamucil to be helpful with nausea and belching due to anxiety. Maybe you could try it too?

Good luck!

Thanks this will i try. I need to get uo asap as i need to get bak to work. What nutri drinks like what make? I use mint tea that keeps the nausea away
    Last edited by ntuser; 18-07-21 at 13:09.

Sorry, I don't understand your question. Could you rephrase it?

If you are looking for an example of nutritional drink you can find it here : https://www.boost.com/products/boostr-very-high-calorie This particular one is 57 USD per 27 packs.
    If you decide to buy something else, please make sure that you get the right stuff, not just a protein shake. It's safest to buy one at the pharmacy or from a brand that is known for offering products for malnutrition.
    Last edited by Iwant2bhealthy; 18-07-21 at 22:40.

Norab- literaly what were u eating when u were ill
    Already told you. Complan, dry crackers, and soup. Also scrambled eggs...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information