Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: English Summer

English Summer

My thermometer reads 28 degrees. It's ten thirty hours; post meridiem. The sun is currently roasting Australia, and the US. It has no business heating up my night.

The air I'm breathing feels warm and arid. There is no escape from the heat. The oscillating fan is as useless as Anne Frank's drumset. If hell is hot, I do hope it's no hotter than this. If it's punishment I deserve in the next life just turn the temperature up to 32 degrees. That's punishment enough. The white man wasn't made for this. We burn.

I've taken 3 cold baths today, which means I've contributed towards the global water shortage. Is a global water shortage? There probably isn't considering the majority of the globe is covered in the stuff and the icecaps are melting.

I can't remove any more layers of clothing. I may Google "How to remove skin safely".

Let's hope tomorrow is a more comfortable day.

Medications: 40mg Quitapine, 40mg Paroxatine, 300mg Promazine, 6mg-10mg Diazepam
    Diagnosis: Panic disorder, General anxiety, Agoraphobia, Depression, Aspergers.

Re: English Summer

I swear to God, it's just getting worse and worse.

It appears that way Frank. We've got a week of this left where I am. At least.

Medications: 40mg Quitapine, 40mg Paroxatine, 300mg Promazine, 6mg-10mg Diazepam

I totally feel you. We have the curtains closed, the windows open and we've basically stopped cooking anything that can't be done in five minutes on the stove.

The only way I can get to sleep is by taking an ice pack to cuddle.

We'd better get some brilliant storms to compensate.

Global warming...

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post

I've taken 3 cold baths today, which means I've contributed towards the global water shortage. Is a global water shortage? There probably isn't considering the majority of the globe is covered in the stuff and the icecaps are melting.
    Only according to water companies...

If you like salt water you will be fine

Very hot here too. But life goes on so I'm lugging two heavy shopping bags a couple of miles Saturday morning after a long walk to get some exercise when it was cooler from 6am. But it was still very warm then and passing over the top of some hills it was so bright even at that time. The ducks at my local park were happy enough though.

Got back about 11am knackered. Had a short break then started weeding and planting. Had to take a couple of breaks as I felt totally drained. The trouble being the rear patio is elevated so it's a sun trap in front of our big tree. It's either that or come down to the yard, and I couldn't be arsed, or sitting in soil.

Just doing anything in this heat takes it out of you. I was wishing I hadn't bought as much shopping when I was half way back. And heavier planned gardening has been delayed.

I saw a few joggers doing their thing.

But it's really nice in the shade. If you are under some trees or when the breeze started it was refreshing.

Get some of these ice cube pants

Not to be confused with...

I thought I was on my way out yesterday..

I'm one of those unfortunate fibromyalgia suffering sods who can't tolerate heat as well as cold, so I'm struggling BIG time right now.

I felt that bad yesterday, I took a COVID test, but nope it's just my fibro giving me another @rse whoopin'!

Two fans in the bedroom.
    All the windows open (hayfever is loving that)
    Cool gel sheet on my feet, one underneath my head.
    Kool Strip on my forehead.
    Wearing shorts and T shirt instead of my usual PJs..

I know what you're thinking...

Nora, why are you not sleeping in the nude in this heat? Are you like, insane?

Well, it's a safety issue because I can't guarantee my husband's safety if his hot hand touches my leg - or anywhere else.
    The last thing you need when you're desperately trying to stop yourself from combusting into flames is Sid James and his sleep roving hands!

We've had many a conversation about this over the last few years..

Me: You were groping me in the night again!

Husband: I literally don't know I'm doing it!

Question: If he's sleep groping and I beat him to death with one of the fans in a moment of insanity, would the judge be sympathetic?

I very nearly came down and lay on the tiled kitchen floor last night but the lurcher would have taken that as playtime and she's hairy (and has Satan's breath) so I can't guarantee her safety either!

Apparently we have another week of this?

As hot and uncomfortable as it is right now, we would be moaning and groaning incessantly if the weather was wet and dreary.

But I agree 100% that global warming urgently needs addressing. V-signs and 'up yours' to the non-believers who are still adamant that it's govts using it as an excuse to put up taxes and to 'control' us!

Trust me, Lenco, if it was p***ing it down with rain right now, I'd be delighted. If it carried on for another 3 or 4 days, I'd be fine with it.

Some people (larger people, women of a certain age, people who've had or are at a high risk of skin cancer) really suffer in the heat - physically, emotionally or both.

The only thing I really like about heatwave conditions is the possibility of a thunderstorm at the end - love the noise and the rain and the sudden freshness in the air.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information