Thread: Ooops! Missed a tablet

Ooops! Missed a tablet

Ooops! Having decided I'm better taking Prozac at night to combat daytime doziness, I woke at 5 this morning and realised I forgot yesterday. So took one this morning, on the hottest day of the year, with a day on the Helpline ahead.

It will be interesting to see how it goes! I am on the third pack so I'm sure a few hours won't have made a lot of difference to what's in my system. And it's working well for me, all SEs apart from drowsiness have gone, so perhaps morning will turn out better.

Have a great week everyone.

Re: Ooops! Missed a tablet

Quote Originally Posted by Speranza View Post
    .I am on the third pack so I'm sure a few hours won't have made a lot of difference to what's in my system.
    Fluoxetine has a very long half-life, up to 6 days for fluoxetine and to16 days for its active metabolite which does most of the work so missing a few days usually doesn't trigger any protest. Not that I'm advocating this. The more consistently ADs are taken the better, even the longer half-life ones.

And it's working well for me, all SEs apart from drowsiness have gone, so perhaps morning will turn out better.
    That's very good news, indeed!!

Have a great week everyone.
    And you.

Thanks.

It's still early days for me but I'm definitely thinking that I will talk to the GP about a 'maintenance dose' moving forward. If I follow a similar trajectory to the last time I'd be entering my late 60s with a sudden surge of anxiety... Will think about it but I'm on this for a year so plenty of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Speranza View Post
    I'm definitely thinking that I will talk to the GP about a 'maintenance dose' moving forward. If I follow a similar trajectory to the last time I'd be entering my late 60s with a sudden surge of anxiety...
    That's been my thinking too. Plus, there is evidence the SSRI/SNRI and TCAs reduce the risk of dementia. I'm in my 70s now and so far, so good.

Your thinking about yourself? How much do you take?

I meant about being unmedicated in old age. I'm on a large dose of one of the TCAs, not fluoxetine. The SSRIs make me manic.

Thread Information