Thread: bloated stomach, gnawing feeling at top of stomach, can only eat small amounts

bloated stomach, gnawing feeling at top of stomach, can only eat small amounts

HI all. I have had stomach issues that have escalated since I had my AstraZeneca jab 3 weeks ago. It might be a coincidence. For a while now i have struggled with eating in that i feel hungry but then get full really quickly so i cant eat much as i used to. Now i feel alot of gas in my stomach, i get bloated and feel nausea. I feel really uncomfortable in my stomach and I am struggling to eat, I feel empty i eat and then i feel full really quickly and bloated again. When i sit down i feel pressure at the top of my stomach which reminds me of when i was heavily pregnant with that pressure under my chest at top of my stomach. Can anyone please help?? I have been having CBT which is helping my anxiety but these physical issues are really undermining my progress :( I feel i am never going to feel myself again and i am starting to feel really depressed. Sorry for rambling on just trying to explain. Thank you lovely supportive people, what would we do without this site...

Re: bloated stomach, gnawing feeling at top of stomach, can only eat small amounts

I'm not an expert but I've been having anxiety issues the last few months and I have been having all kinds of stomach/intestinal issues. This is all solely related to my anxiety. IBS (wind/diarrhoea)/gastritis/low appetite/no appetite/ravenous/nausea.

Small frequent meals often help. I've also got a hiatus hernia so I've had to double my dose of PPI's.

Anxiety can have an incredible effect on your digestive system. My issues completely settle as my anxiety does. Don't lose faith they will improve.

Re: bloated stomach, gnawing feeling at top of stomach, can only eat small amounts

Thank you for our response i appreciate it. the bloating is awful too ! I was hoping that i might get some more responses but sadly i havent but thanks for getting back to me. It could be anxiety or i might have a hiatus hernia i wouldnt know if i have or not. I was offered PPI's but dont really want to start those as I hear that they have alot of side effects.

Hi, this is weird but I came across your post, had the AZ jab and around sane time frame starting experiencing sane symptoms. I am 6 weeks on from when symptoms started and no better. Going to docs tomorrow for blood tests but can’t eat, full fast, bloating, stomach uncomfortable all time.

HI there. That is really interesting.. I am still the same so fed up, nauseous, horrible empty feeling even when i have eaten, bloated, full uncomfortable n stomach. I am waiting for results from stool sample, i was put in PPI's but didnt like side effects, made my anxiety worse and the gnawing pain. I had bloods taken yesterday so waiting for those results. Keep in touch and i will also let you know how i get on.. I am about 4 weeks on now with no better

Quote Originally Posted by sammiej123 View Post
    HI there. That is really interesting.. I am still the same so fed up, nauseous, horrible empty feeling even when i have eaten, bloated, full uncomfortable n stomach. I am waiting for results from stool sample, i was put in PPI's but didnt like side effects, made my anxiety worse and the gnawing pain. I had bloods taken yesterday so waiting for those results. Keep in touch and i will also let you know how i get on.. I am about 4 weeks on now with no better

hello. Did you feel better eventually? Did you find out what the issue was?
    ive been suffering the exact same thing and I’ve even described this the same to my husband.

sarah xx

http://Instagram.com/made_brightly

I had the same symptoms. After an endoscopy it turned out I have bile reflux. Once I got the right medication I started to feel normal again.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I had this and bad reflux for a week done a stool sample and I had h plyroi, that causes all those symptoms. Just finished my antibiotics today

Thread Information