Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just tested positive sunday

Just tested positive sunday

Looking for reassurance I'm a 27 year old male my whole family has tested positive despite being vaxxed. Very nervous with all the horror stories I've read. Tested positive sunday with very few symptoms feels like a bad sinus infection. Haven't had a fever or a cough really just scared it is going to take a major turn for the worse.

Re: Just tested positive sunday

My friends husband who is double vaxxed currently has it. He says he feels like he has a heavy cold.

Keep your fluids up, take paracetamol when needed. You can get through this.

Thank you for the reply. My family is all double vaxxed except for me is why I'm concerned it has been 3 weeks since my first jab was suppose to be getting second jab Friday which obviously I can't now and I'm concerned because I have only had one
    Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    My friends husband who is double vaxxed currently has it. He says he feels like he has a heavy cold.

Keep your fluids up, take paracetamol when needed. You can get through this.

The general consensus ATM is that 'breakthrough' infections in the jabbed are mostly very mild, and thankfully only just a handful have died in such circumstances so far, almost all of whom were immunocompromised and/or had other comorbid conditions.

Thank you for the reassurance I'm just mentally a mess and feel like I can't get through it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    The general consensus ATM is that 'breakthrough' infections in the jabbed are mostly very mild, and thankfully only just a handful have died in such circumstances so far, almost all of whom were immunocompromised and/or had other comorbid conditions.

Hello, my friend has just had covid 2 weeks after first jab. He felt back to normal after 4 days (still has to iso for 10 days of course) and I think that was because he had one vax. Your first vax will protect you, as will being 27. I'm 28 and had it with no vaccine in January, I didn't feel great but it was never scary or anything, I was just wiped out. Even just one vax is effective against severe covid for our age. You will be ok

Thank you so much for the reply it is so nice to have a board to come to with such reassuring and nice people 😀
    Quote Originally Posted by elizabethalice View Post
    Hello, my friend has just had covid 2 weeks after first jab. He felt back to normal after 4 days (still has to iso for 10 days of course) and I think that was because he had one vax. Your first vax will protect you, as will being 27. I'm 28 and had it with no vaccine in January, I didn't feel great but it was never scary or anything, I was just wiped out. Even just one vax is effective against severe covid for our age. You will be ok

Sorry to hear ...

My son, husband and I all had covid last November. We were sick but all 3 of us said we have been much sicker with other viruses. There is so much fear associated with covid its hard not to spiral. Hang in there, you're going to be ok. Covid symptoms like to linger, its very annoying, don't let it worry you.

Thank you it's a weird feeling as I don't really have many symptoms just a stuffy nose more like allergies kind of feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyW View Post
    Sorry to hear ...

My son, husband and I all had covid last November. We were sick but all 3 of us said we have been much sicker with other viruses. There is so much fear associated with covid its hard not to spiral. Hang in there, you're going to be ok. Covid symptoms like to linger, its very annoying, don't let it worry you.

Duckman1994 do you ever listen to Dr John Campbell? He said as much about breakthrough cases.. that they are more upper respiratory and like cold symptoms.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information