Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Constant ectopics

Re: AFIB

Thank you I really appreciate you taking the time to reply.

It's good to know someone else has something similar. I think its just mitral valve regurgitation and no prolapse as far as I remember the sonographer saying . I just dont understand why the cardiologist didn't mention it.

You are right I need to try and move forward and stop worrying as I'm not living my life I'm just existing xx

Well I spoke with my gp who contacted the cardiologist today and he feels I dont have a true moderate mitral regurgitation he feels the machines are so sensitive it picked this up only because I had covid and just had a AF attack which they feel was caused by covid . He will follow up in another year with a echo and expects it to be mild again. I have not to worry as he is not concerned at all. He is a expert in mitral vales seemingly.

I am trying to take this reassurance on board but I still worry regardless unfortunately.

Would any of you feel better about this explanation?

Quote Originally Posted by molly15 View Post
    Would any of you feel better about this explanation?
    I would have given my left arm to be told the pain in my chest weren't heart attacks or the swollen nodes on my neck weren't cancer. Sadly, here on this board, I see mostly doubt and more anxiety when one gets an all clear. If you can, hang onto the expert's words. They are a lifeline out of the rabbit hole.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Yes, I would be satisfied with the doctors explanation and his explanation for you even helps me as my echo showed mild mitral valve prolapse and regurgitation but my cardiac MRI showed neither and I was curious as to why.

Hi there I'm glad the cardiologist response has helped you . Have you spoken with your Dr regarding your mri ? I find it very frustrating that in the first instance nothing was ever explained to me and led me to all this worry.

Fishmanpa that's the ugliness of anxiety it leads us down a slippery path especially when you do have health issues going on . Health anxiety has been a big problem for me for many years but I had at one point felt I had won the battle but unfortunately after a health scare last year it came flooding back .

So ended up in hospital last night with AFIB. First time I've had it I usually suffer svt and ectopics. It lasted about 1 hour and just went back to normal itself when I stood up to go to the toilet when I was in resus . I ended up in cornorary care unit all night . Bloods ,chest xray,echo all ok. Doc said he thinks I got it because I've been so unwell with covid . Just said it's not dangerous don't worry and just get on with your life . How can I? I'm so scared it happens again I cant stop crying.
    Eh, don't sweat it. I had an episode of AFib with RVR (rapid ventricular rate) in 2016. Yes, it was scary at first, but I eventually accepted it and just did what I had to do to feel better. Mine lasted close to 12 hours, I was admitted to the hospital and monitored for that time. It was caused by a combination of circumstances that made the "perfect storm", the cardiologist said.

Subsequent testing (echo and stress test) yielded a very strong and structurally normal heart. Still, I've occasionally worried that it may happen again. I just try to remember that first (and only) episode and remind myself that it's really not so bad. We can't necessarily control whether or not it'll happen again.

Hi bin ten thanks for the reply.

It's good to hear you haven't had another episode again . Hopefully I won't either.

Did the Doctor put you on any meds?

Xx

Hi bin ten thanks for the reply.

It's good to hear you haven't had another episode again . Hopefully I won't either.

Did the Doctor put you on any meds?

Xx
    No. The cardiologist decided I didn't need long term management because it was essentially a "freak incident" that is overall quite unlikely to occur.

Re: Constant ectopics

Hi Molly.

How are you today?

My ectopics are also back with a vengeance. Often every other beat. They even keep me awake at night. Thanks never used to happen and I’ve had them for twenty years. I had a CardioStat monitoring device reading over seven days a few months ago and it picked them all up. Verdict: it’s all good. But of course when it happens it feels just awful.

I’ve started to eat better and exercise so I hope that helps.

Let me know how you are getting on.

J

Thanks im hoping mine never happens again either and just happened because I had covid.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information