Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Genital warts and cervical cancer

Re: Cervical cancer worry

Do you know definitively that you have genital warts? Do you know definitively that you gave it to your partner? Do you know definitively that you also have a more serious strain? Do you know definitively that you have developed cervical cancer?

Please go and get tested, this is the only definite way you will find out. You are just torturing yourself with what ifs.

An anxious mind is fantastic at clinging onto destructive thoughts.

Re: Genital warts and cervical cancer

Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    A friend i use to work with had genital warts. She went to the local clinic and had them treated. All went well . She did not have to go back. She was surprised and not overjoyed when the Dr. came in the room, he was a man who use to live in her street years before. he said hello and did the job he was paid for. Was done in a jiffy Just another day at the office.
    Deep breaths and try not to worry.X
    Thankyou magic do you no if she had any other problems I.e bad smears ect after contracting this ....

If he has it then I definalty do....And its caused by hpv.....im worried I could also now have another form of hpv which cause cervical cancer.....
    I no I have given it to him as he hasn't been with anyone bar his ex a year ago and never had it before apparently.....And hasn't been with anyone else bar me he said..
    If I've caught it its off a guy a year ago and I'm worried he's given me the bad strain and I now have cervical cancel in a yesr

Go and get tested and let us know how you get on.

This website is about anxiety and I'm just trying to find out if someone has had the same experience not to be told to just get tested that does no help ny anxiety...I will get tested however right now to put my mind at ease I wanted tk hear from people that have maybe had genital warts ect or hpv and hear there experiences I dont think there is anything wrong with that ....

Seeking reassurance is part of the cycle of health anxiety. I'm no stranger to anxiety and I know how terrifying and all consuming it can be.

When my sister went and got tested she got a positive for HPV, she was treated and recovered. She didn't develop cervical cancer, but she was a lot more careful with her next sexual partner. She's not the only person I know who has been in the same position.

I won't comment any further on this thread and maybe you'll get some other responses that are more what you need.

Honestly I really hope it all gets sorted out and things work out well for you.

My next smear is due in march so I'm going to have to go private and get one ...I had one 2 years ok which was clear of hpv but last year was when I slept with someone and no obv has given my current partner genital warts....do you think i could get cervical cancer in a year .

Quote Originally Posted by Hopefull4567 View Post
    Thankyou guys but the fact I could have hpv from genital warts could mean I've also got a bad strain from wherever its come from....im worried in a year after sleeping with the person in question he could of also given me the hpv that causes cervical cancer...and in a year I've gone from hpv clear to full blown cervical cancer
    I understand your worry but that’s not really plausible. Cervical cancer takes a long time to form. It’s not gonna go from pre cancerous to late stage in a years time, it’s just not the way cervical cancer works. Get an appointment with your GYN to have your pap but your really overly worrying here.

I am sorry I did not reply Hopefull as my laptop went weird,but is ok today.
    The answer is my friend had no more trouble. She leads normal life with no casual boy friends as she I married now.
    Hope all goes well for you.x

Just an update for you guys....they think my partner has got genital warts and is getting treatment for them and I have chylmida so I no doubt have syphilis ,hov and cervical cancer 🤦*♀️

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information