Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Genital warts and cervical cancer

Re: Genital warts and cervical cancer

I have heard this but I'm concerned someone has not only given me the hpv for warts but the harmful hpv.....
    I had a smear 2 years ago which didn't detect hpv and was clear how ever I'm now thinking since having the sexual partners last year they have given me hpv ,full blown cervical cancer I no it sounds ridiculus but this is what this forum is about

Re: Cervical cancer worry

Everyone on your other thread are saying the same thing. Get tested. If you're negative for HPV, I would advise getting the vax. And the advice of being candid with potential partners is sound. In fact, both parties should be open and willing to be tested before engaging in intimacy. I've had HSV since my late teens. I had to have the 'talk' with any woman I dated when it came to intimacy and asked that she do the same.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

You can't get tested for hpv without having a smear ..... I have an appointment with my gyno on the 4th of Aug but dont think I can wait that long till then to be honest my anxiety is through the roof

Plus I doubt I'll be negative for hpv as my current partner has got genital warts he found out last week so I have probably given them to him....
    And I'm worried I have been given another form of hpv at the same time and I've got an aggressive cervical cancer within a year

Your health anxiety is in a bit of a spiral isn't it. Just go and get checked - it's quite simple to do.

Also it's worth considering getting some help with your HA.

You have no evidence to suggest that you have cervical cancer.

Please get tested and then look into getting some help with your health anxiety.

A friend i use to work with had genital warts. She went to the local clinic and had them treated. All went well . She did not have to go back. She was surprised and not overjoyed when the Dr. came in the room, he was a man who use to live in her street years before. he said hello and did the job he was paid for. Was done in a jiffy Just another day at the office.
    Deep breaths and try not to worry.X

I have evidence in the fact that my partner now has genital warts and whoever I have got it off could have given me a more serious strain that after a year might have turned to cervical cancer

Quote Originally Posted by Careful1 View Post
    The types of HPV that cause genital warts are not the same as the types of HPV that can cause cancers.

Make an appointment with GYN, they can advise you.
    100% agree

Thankyou guys but the fact I could have hpv from genital warts could mean I've also got a bad strain from wherever its come from....im worried in a year after sleeping with the person in question he could of also given me the hpv that causes cervical cancer...and in a year I've gone from hpv clear to full blown cervical cancer

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information