Thread: Does anyone get an ectopic beat every time they yawn or take a deep breath??

Does anyone get an ectopic beat every time they yawn or take a deep breath??

Hi everyone.

Having a really tough time at the moment with ectopic beats and health/heart anxiety. Feel nauseous and exhausted all the time. And I don't know if that's coming from the palpitations or the anxiety... at my wits end with it all.

I only get a handful of ectopics every day, but I notice each one. Sometimes it's just a pause and thump, sometimes it literally makes me gasp. I immediately get anxious and feel vaguely sick for a few seconds, then just fall in to worry and depression until the next one happens.

I get them a lot as I am waking up in the morning and also seem to be able to bring them on by taking a deep breath or by yawning - does this have to do with compression of the vagus nerve in the neck?

TIA for any insights.

Take care folks

Re: Does anyone get an ectopic beat every time they yawn or take a deep breath??

Yawning and deep breathing both stimulate the Vagus nerve. Yawning would stimulate the Vagus nerve and slow down the AV node which could cause a dysrhythmia (ectopic) to occur because of the slow sinus beat.
    It happens to me all the time as I tend to get ectopics more frequently when my heart rate drops as opposed to when it speeds up.

I’m sorry your having a hard time, it’s certainly not an easy thing to live with. Avoid triggers best you can and try not to stress. The more you worry about them the more they tend to happen.

Thread Information