Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Breasts again.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Breasts again.

I've posted this in another section too but can't delete it!
    Hi, I have a reoccurring problem with breast lumps. Pretry much started when my mother in law died from breast cancer 3 years ago. I just want some advice on an issue I'm facing at the moment from level headed people. I'm 36 I think I've found a lump this morning but it's in the same breast as I had ultrasounded on the 26th of October last year so 9 months ago. Now my dilemma is, I can't remember if this is the same lump which they obviously found was OK or if this is different, or just a gland/duct etc? I'm getting really confused. I dont know if this is worthy of a doctors appointment, again, or if its HA. Hope someone can help. Thanks.

Re: Breasts again.

Anyone? Please?

Starting to panic now, taken a diazepam to calm down, I have managed to book a doc phone appointment on Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria84 View Post
    Starting to panic now, taken a diazepam to calm down, I have managed to book a doc phone appointment on Wednesday
    Good. Confirm with the doc that the "lump" in question is the same lump that they OKed on the ultrasound 9 months ago. However, if it is the opposite breast and you do feel a lump, then this is what it is. Lumps happen and most of them are benign but if you have to get another ultrasound then that's what you have to do. Just promise yourself that if you do go for this ultrasound, then this would end the issue for the time being.

P.S. And be careful with those diazepams, I'm hoping you only take them very rarely.

A phone appointment will be good. Hopefully they will be able to put your mind at ease. I don't know much about breast lumps (despite being female) but surely they will have a diagram of what they've found. If they think you need to be seen in person they will tell you. And keep in mind that not all lumps are problematic, some are just...lumps.

I'm sorry that you lost your mother and I know this must be terrifying - all too well, I'd be in the same position as you. But is there anything you can do to take your mind off of things?
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Thank you for replying I've no idea what to do to take my mind off things, I'm just completely fed up of living in fear like always am.

I feel your pain. It is so scary, isn’t it, feeling like this? Remember this breast has been thoroughly checked within the last year, so it’s highly highly unlikely to be anything other than your brain playing tricks on you xx

Thank you, yes, it is scary I'm petrified - again. I'm also tired and want to get on with my life like everyone else does and not worry about these things. I only have about three diazepam left, they were prescribed the last time I had a breast freak out and I just kept them in case something like this cropped up again. It is the same breast that was ultrasounded, my other breast is just normal, the left one is the problem one. It's always felt different. I've no idea how hard to press either, I use the flats of fingers together like it says you should and I can only feel the lump if I press quite hard and laying down.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria84 View Post
    Thank you, yes, it is scary I'm petrified - again. I'm also tired and want to get on with my life like everyone else does and not worry about these things. I only have about three diazepam left, they were prescribed the last time I had a breast freak out and I just kept them in case something like this cropped up again. It is the same breast that was ultrasounded, my other breast is just normal, the left one is the problem one. It's always felt different. I've no idea how hard to press either, I use the flats of fingers together like it says you should and I can only feel the lump if I press quite hard and laying down.
    My left breast has always had lumps. I never had an ultrasound of it though. I remember many years ago a doc noticed them and then said something like, feel how they roll? This is normal. I've checked them a few times since over the years and they always felt the same. Haven't checked in years though. Even though I go absolutely nuts about checking other things, somehow breast lumps have not caught my attention yet.

It is normal to have breast lumps. Nearly every premenopausal woman has them. If you already had an ultrasound of that breast 9 months ago, what is the reason to have it again? Do you think that you have developed a new lump? How often do you think you can have breast ultrasounds?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information