Thread: Convinced I have ovarian cancer HELP!!!

Convinced I have ovarian cancer HELP!!!

Hi all,

I'm 25 years old and would really appreciate some advice, I'm convinced that I'm dying from ovarian cancer. 😥

On 5th July I went to accident and emergency for an unrelated issue - I had a blood test which was clear.

However the next day I started dry heaving, feeling naseuous and had diarrhea about 7 times. I spent the rest of the week in bed not eating much food. I suspected I'd picked up a bug from hospital.

Come the weekend I started to get my appetite back so began eating normally, however Sunday night I was back on the toilet for about 8 times, dry heaving and feeling nauseous again.

I've felt fine for about a week and today I've been to the toilet 3 times, more dry heaving and still feel nauseous.

I had a stool sample done but shockingly it came back normal! No bacteria, no blood, nothing. My doctor is still convinced it's gastroenteritis (stomach bug) but would it REALLY last 3 weeks?

I'm terrified it could be ovarian cancer because I've read that it causes: changes in bowel movements, loss of appetite, bloating, abdominal pain, feeling full quickly, fatigue, skin rash, back pain - all of which I have.

I also realised that over the past few months my periods have sometimes been a day shorter and quite a lot lighter - I'm on the contraceptive pill.

I begged my doctor to check my CA125 levels but she wouldn't, saying it isn't "routinely recommend". Thankfully she's sending me for an ultrasound but I'm gonna have to wait awhile for the appointment and I'm terrified it's already in the advanced stages. 😥

I'd really appreciate any advice as I am driving myself mad with worry, I'm almost tempted to go to A&E to see if I can get tests done quicker?

Re: Convinced I have ovarian cancer HELP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DanniDaniDanni View Post
    Hi all,

I'm 25 years old and would really appreciate some advice, I'm convinced that I'm dying from ovarian cancer. 

On 5th July I went to accident and emergency for an unrelated issue - I had a blood test which was clear.

However the next day I started dry heaving, feeling naseuous and had diarrhea about 7 times. I spent the rest of the week in bed not eating much food. I suspected I'd picked up a bug from hospital.

Come the weekend I started to get my appetite back so began eating normally, however Sunday night I was back on the toilet for about 8 times, dry heaving and feeling nauseous again.

I've felt fine for about a week and today I've been to the toilet 3 times, more dry heaving and still feel nauseous.

I had a stool sample done but shockingly it came back normal! No bacteria, no blood, nothing. My doctor is still convinced it's gastroenteritis (stomach bug) but would it REALLY last 3 weeks?

I'm terrified it could be ovarian cancer because I've read that it causes: changes in bowel movements, loss of appetite, bloating, abdominal pain, feeling full quickly, fatigue, skin rash, back pain - all of which I have.

I also realised that over the past few months my periods have sometimes been a day shorter and quite a lot lighter - I'm on the contraceptive pill.

I begged my doctor to check my CA125 levels but she wouldn't, saying it isn't "routinely recommend". Thankfully she's sending me for an ultrasound but I'm gonna have to wait awhile for the appointment and I'm terrified it's already in the advanced stages. 

I'd really appreciate any advice as I am driving myself mad with worry, I'm almost tempted to go to A&E to see if I can get tests done quicker?
    Firstly, to be 'dying' from ovarian cancer would make you very ill indeed. And I'm fairly sure that the docs would have picked up on something in your blood test in A&E?

My mum had OC and she had a tummy like a beach ball which was hard and didn't 'come and go' like IBS bloating and bloating associated with periods.

Every symptom you've described is classic of IBS or a tummy bug and skin rashes are common this time of year - especially in this heat we're having. It's because we're sweating more..

The pill mucks around with periods and I think you know that it's the pill which is most likely the cause of your shorter - lighter periods?

If your GP suspected cancer you'd be on an urgent 2 week scan - not having to wait for an appointment, so what does that tell you?

If you want to go and waste the doctors time in A&E, that's up to you and your conscience. I've been there, done that one, and it's something I regret enormously.

Accident and Emergency is meant for accidents and emergencies - not as reassurance for people with health anxiety. This is an issue for your GP to sort out, not A & E.

And if you're scaring yourself silly, you can expect more of the above digestive symptoms and that will absolutely account for still having issues three weeks later. Imagine having a broken leg and taking a stick to continually beat it with? That's effectively what you're doing..

Also, do you realise that hospital is one of the best places to be picking viruses up? Full of sick people, yes?

I'm 99.9% certain I had COVID last year and I'd been to the hospital prior to becoming ill..

You really need to work on your health anxiety while you're waiting for this appointment to come through...

I know this is hard to deal with, but you can help yourself here..

Try to think rationally. There is no real evidence for you having OC, let alone being at death's door with it. This is your HA mind playing tricks on you...

Thread Information