Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: feeling worthless

feeling worthless

Hi, i have been suffering with anxiety for a while now and i cant stop feeling worthless like i am a burden to everyone its got to the point where i have closed myself off from everyone and i hardly speak to people i have had really good relationships with. And because i get really bad anxiety talking to people about or expressing my emotions well i bottle everything up.

Re: feeling worthless

Hi Liv,

No matter what your issues are, I can assure you that you're not a burden..

Do you want to elaborate a little more on what the problem is? Not much to go on with your post...

I can totally relate to your concerns as I get similar feelings every now and then.

I hate it when people post like this and then disappear...

I really hope this person is Ok..

I'm feeling worthless today and wish I was arrested and my parents would disown me.

My dad had to come to pick me up from my day centre at lunchtime because I felt so terrible.

I'm having flashbacks to August 1991 when I had a massive argument with my dad (at the age of 14) of which I provoked him so bad he chased me around the house, and said to me 'in future it won't be me giving you a good hiding, it will be a policeman'!

Today I'm having fantasies about having confrontations with police officers and provoking them into giving me a good hiding, because I'm no good!

You are good. You are a clever, kind, person.

Can you do things to keep you busy and distract yourself while you're feeling like this. I remember it being said in another thread that you have a medication to take when you're feeling particularly bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    You are good. You are a clever, kind, person.

Can you do things to keep you busy and distract yourself while you're feeling like this. I remember it being said in another thread that you have a medication to take when you're feeling particularly bad.
    Which I have taken, plus I spoke to a lady from my local LD/MH team.

August is a bad month for you, Lenco. There are so many triggers. The lorazepam will help you to a certain extent but talking to someone in your team will at least make the service aware that you need more support at this time.

Your dad was there to pick you up and take you home today. What happened 30 years ago happened to you as a 14 year old. You have not been able to forget it but your dad's words were just spoken in frustration and anger..They haven't come true at any time since then. He's come to your rescue today.

Fantasies aren't reality. The reality is that you are safe in your home with your family. No prison, no porridge.

This will pass like it did before, lenco.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    August is a bad month for you, Lenco. There are so many triggers. The lorazepam will help you to a certain extent but talking to someone in your team will at least make the service aware that you need more support at this time.

Your dad was there to pick you up and take you home today. What happened 30 years ago happened to you as a 14 year old. You have not been able to forget it but your dad's words were just spoken in frustration and anger..They haven't come true at any time since then. He's come to your rescue today.

Fantasies aren't reality. The reality is that you are safe in your home with your family. No prison, no porridge.

This will pass like it did before, lenco.
    Whilst you said that my dad came to my rescue today, it was me that was the problem and not my day centre, plus I wasn't in danger there.

I have been feeling a bit triggered since yesterday over a report in the regional news about a unit for people with LDs/MH issues in the north-western part of Staffordshire which was a hotbed for abuse earlier this year but was closed down recently following the 'expose' and evidence from CCTV footage on the premises.

Unison have been angrily sticking the knife in because the staff lost their jobs due to the place closing.

Sorry, but had the staff there been doing their jobs properly and not being sadistic barstewards towards the poor clients/patients there, they would still be in work now.

Beggars belief, it really does, that Unison only care about the staff and stuff the welfare of the clients/patients.

I'm seriously willing to do porridge for those sadistic, conniving f***ing c***s, of which they would probably love and say 'Zero tolerance, I told you so'!

Bloody well get stuffed and go to hell, the lot of ya who worked at that hell hole!

N.B, I don't mean you Pulisa, please try not to take this personally. Plus you're a great help to me in times of distress.

I appreciate that it wasn't anything to do with the day centre, Lenco. It was your anxiety which had got too much for you as a result of many triggers so your dad came to pick you up and take you home?

You're happy at your day centre I think? You're not under threat there? You're treated with respect and understanding?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information