Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: feeling worthless

Re: feeling worthless

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post

I'm seriously willing to do porridge for those sadistic, conniving f***ing c***s, of which they would probably love and say 'Zero tolerance, I told you so'!
    You'd be triggered to shit in prison Len..

I'd stay away from the news at the moment if I were you...

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    You'd be triggered to shit in prison Len..

I'd stay away from the news at the moment if I were you...
    Already been there this morning (unfortunately) and copped hold of the headline about that lunatic nutjob doing another Hungerford in Plymouth yesterday.

The way I'm feeling right now I wish he would have done me as well!

I can sense riots brewing up right now and August 2011 all over again (not from me though).

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Already been there this morning (unfortunately) and copped hold of the headline about that lunatic nutjob doing another Hungerford in Plymouth yesterday.

The way I'm feeling right now I wish he would have done me as well!
    Hubs left the TV on so I did hear something?

I understand you, believe me. I have all kinds of thoughts like this but I generally keep them to myself or Hubs would have me sectioned!

But you're triggering yourself delirious by watching the news Len. It's self harm. Turn it off. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.

I understand you, believe me. I have all kinds of thoughts like this but I generally keep them to myself or Hubs would have me sectioned!

But you're triggering yourself delirious by watching the news Len. It's self harm. Turn it off. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.
    I am avoiding the BBC website and all other news outlets like the plague till this has all petered out and moved on to the next major headline.

A kind of 'deja vu' as the Hungerford massacre happened around this time back in 1987 and the maniac who shot all those poor folks dead also shot himself dead at the end of his killing spree, just like Michael Ryan, the perpetrator of the Hungerford atrocities, so could have been a possible 'anniversary' copycat incident.

I was only 10 at the time so still mostly oblivious to the news in general.

The BBC did say that said incident wasn't believed to be terror-related.

Almost a year ago, another deranged lone-wolf lunatic went on a frenzied stabbing rampage across Birmingham city centre, which again, wasn't believed to be terror nor gang-related.

That incident also scared me witless, especially being much closer to home, and the sheer thought of some nutjobs attempting copycat incidents by rampaging through Tamworth or Burton town centre brandishing lethal weapons of some sort.

Especially after the August 2011 riots suddenly went viral across the nation, partly thanks to (early) social media, but thankfully passed the entire county of Staffordshire by (including Stoke).

I can just picture the usual hard-right rabble-rousers in the comments sections on The Scum and Daily Fail sites demanding the govt bring back the death sentence and school caning in the wake of this atrocity in Plymouth yesterday evening.

Definitely NOT the answer IMO.

The answer is more and better resources for persons with MH issues, not knee-jerk responses like a return to the extremely punitive and often barbaric practices of the past.

And I probably jumped the gun a bit myself (no pun intended) first thing this morning by automatically labelling the Plymouth gunman a 'lunatic', 'nutjob', 'maniac', etc willy-nilly, where it's likely serious MH issues were at play.

You'll be attracted to the news but seriously....listen to Nora? There are so many potential triggers for you in this incident.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You'll be attracted to the news but seriously....listen to Nora? There are so many potential triggers for you in this incident.
    Ever since all the major atrocities of the 90s that I started becoming more aware of from the off (e.g, James Bulger, Dunblane, Columbine, etc), all I've heard in response has been 'Oh society today, we're all going to hell in a handcart', hang 'em, birch 'em, lock 'em up', etc.

Whilst these mass murders have all been evil and deplorable in the extreme, it's about time both the authorities and society at large started to come together and attempt to advocate proper long-lasting solutions to these great social evils, such as more spending and research on MH, and try to get to the bottom of these issues, rather than endless knee-jerk responses through collective condemnation of society today as a whole, and treating the symptoms rather than the underlying causes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information