Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wired's Panic Attacks

Exclamation Wired's Panic Attacks

Going to keep my panic attack posts in one place to avoid cluttering forum. It's good for SEO anyway

Home alone, day 3. They've gone on holiday until Friday. I was doing great, but a friend came to drop some things off unexpectedly. It wasn't planned. I looked out the window and immediately my heart began to race. I felt lightheaded, had dry mouth and moments where I feel like I'm completely losing control. I've manage to hang on for dear life to avoid a nasty panic attack.

I was walking really slowly down the stairs, and carried the 2 items from the car very slowly. I don't know why. My head was telling me I can't breath and I might die. Soon as I got in and sat down my heartrate returned to normal, and then the phone rang. Instant panic attack again, I felt like the other person on the other end could tell I feel like I can't breath. What if they notice and ask if I'm ok? If they ask if I'm ok I will freak the f out.

I think I managed to avoid it though. I told the person on the phone I'm desperate for the toilet and I will call them back in 15 minutes. Gives me time to prepare myself for the phone call and relax a little. Seems to have worked. I've got to feed the dog, scared to stand up incase it happens again and causes panic

Trying to see the funny side to PA's

Medications: 40mg Quitapine, 40mg Paroxatine, 300mg Promazine, 6mg-10mg Diazepam
    Diagnosis: Panic disorder, General anxiety, Agoraphobia, Depression, Aspergers.

Recovering alcoholic. Recovering codeine abuser.

Re: Wired's Panic Attacks

Humour is a great way to deal with panic attacks and the toilet thing on the phone is a good trick.

You could always say if you get a phone call unexpectedly if they ask you if anything is wrong that you've just run to get the phone? Or as soon as it rings, take a few deep breaths and let it ring a few times more before you answer it?

I must admit, I do let the phone go to answerphone a fair bit myself. If it's important they'll leave a message and I can call them back when I'm ready.

Me too. I don't like phone calls. Glad I'm not the only one.

Medications: 40mg Quitapine, 40mg Paroxatine, 300mg Promazine, 6mg-10mg Diazepam

My daughter hates talking on the phone too.

I actually don't mind talking on the phone normally. I have to do it at work at the moment, but when I'm at home I'm really selective. Maybe I'm antisocial? Maybe I just want to do it on my terms?

I’m on the phone all day long for work so by the time I’m off for the day I don’t want anything to do with the phone lol. Hard to get family and friends to understand that sometimes.

I've had that many panic attacks now I'm bored of them! And that's probably another reason why I can calm myself so quickly..

Re phones: HATE SPEAKING ON THE PHONE.

People ring me and I ignore them..

I can speak on the phone if I have several hours to psyche myself and read from a script. My brain no likey impromptu phone calls..

Boredom is a great anxiety slayer!

I don't have any problems speaking on the phone but I'll ignore calls if I'm busy and don't have an answerphone on the landline because I hate feeling obligated to return calls quickly.

I had another panic attack today when I walked to the post office to withdraw some cash. My heart was racing so fast and I was convinced people could tell. I kept control of it though. As soon as I got home, it went away. Same classic anxiety. I am bored of it now, and it's probably why I don't let them spiral. I had a nasty panic this morning while on the toilet though.

I'm day 3 with no codine. Determined to kick this habbit. I think withdrawal from that is definitely playing a role in how I'm feeling. All shall pass though.

I was like an addict yesterday looking everywhere to see if I've got a strip I forgot about. And then I stopped to look at what I was doing and thought "You're doing this for codine, give yourself a shake lad".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information