Thread: Re gnawing, bloating and fullness in stomach which is best omeprazole or lansoprazole

Re gnawing, bloating and fullness in stomach which is best omeprazole or lansoprazole

So i was initially prescribed omeprazole for this horrible gnawing, empty hungry feeling even though i have eaten, bloating, wind, fullness and pressure at top of stomach. I took it a few days but felt no different apart from my anxiety felt worse and also palpitations, oh and headache. the doctor has prescribed now lansoprazole instead and if this doesnt settle it will be the endoscopy my nightmare !! I feel like I am sinking so depressed as had this for a month now, since the vaccine!! Can anyone offer any reassurance around this drug please?

Re: Re gnawing, bloating and fullness in stomach which is best omeprazole or lansopra

hi there, I hope lansoprazole works for you! I took lansoprazole for a long long time before I started on omeprazole and had a lot of success with it. I did still get the gnawing sometimes but that was mainly before I ate! I switched to omeprazole at some point a couple years ago and lately I've been having some frustrating symptoms myself with cramps, nausea, gas, discomfort etc, so I'm wondering if it's perhaps stopped working.
    Hopefully you'll get success with lansoprazole now, I can't remember how long I took it before it calmed my symptoms but it did at some point!!

Re: Re gnawing, bloating and fullness in stomach which is best omeprazole or lansopra

It typically takes a couple of weeks for a PPI to kick in. Take as directed and adjust your diet as well. Look into the FODMAP diet. Keep a journal of foods that aggravate things and reduce or eliminate them. It really comes down to discipline.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you both for your replies. I have started the Omeprazole today, i have HA around medications which is a real nightmare for me :( I cant carry on like this though especially if i have inflammation or an ulcer and i am not treating it.. I was just getting better with HA from CBT and then i get these physical issues which have put me right back... so worn out with it.

I had very similar symptoms to you and went down the same treatment route. I found omeprazole didn’t really give me side effects other than constipation - although that also could have been anxiety related.

It didn’t work for me though - I don’t think anyway. So I had the endoscopy, which was absolutely fine. I had a couple of tiny ulcers I think, but mostly I had gastritis. Time, eating better and gaviscon helped a lot. Anxiety doesn’t help at all & ive had 2 more flare ups since.

Wishing you well x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your response much appreciated.. So did Omeprazole not help you at all? Thats not good :( I suffer with constipation already so i hope it doesnt make me worse than ever.. After your endoscopy did you not take any meds for the ulcers? I had gastritis years ago and was bad with it vomiting coffee granules etc i went on Ranitide at the time and Iron tablets. That was about 20 years ago. Can you use Gaviscon regularly for long term ? Thanks you again x

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I had very similar symptoms to you and went down the same treatment route. I found omeprazole didn’t really give me side effects other than constipation - although that also could have been anxiety related.

It didn’t work for me though - I don’t think anyway. So I had the endoscopy, which was absolutely fine. I had a couple of tiny ulcers I think, but mostly I had gastritis. Time, eating better and gaviscon helped a lot. Anxiety doesn’t help at all & ive had 2 more flare ups since.

Wishing you well x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Scass, may I ask if you felt sick, or felt full and bloated when ate?

sarah x

http://Instagram.com/made_brightly

I'm having this exact same thing since September really anxious hiw are yiu now Sammie?

Quote Originally Posted by julia View Post
    I'm having this exact same thing since September really anxious hiw are yiu now Sammie?
    What are you symptoms Julia? Are you on any meds?
    Sarah x

http://Instagram.com/made_brightly

Thread Information