Thread: Loose stools for about a week now

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Loose stools for about a week now

Hello. For almost a week now, I have been pooping once a day but with loose stools :( It’s not completely watery but they are quite moist and unusual for me (sorry TMI). I don’t have any tummy ache or so.

This has happened to me a lot before but it would only last a day or two and not this long. Usually because of something bad I ate.

Today, I had to poop thrice and it was still loose.

I recently had a bloodwork done for my annual at work and nothing remarkable found except elevated cholesterol. CBC and ECG and kidneys are fine. Unfortunately I didn’t have any test related to my tummy.

Has anyone else had this? I’m concerned that it has going on for a week now. Again, I’ve been pooping loose stools for a week now but only once a day (morning) except for today when I had to poop thrice :(

Re: Loose stools for about a week now

Something similar happened to me last year - very loose soft stools every day.
    I started to worry about it thanks to my HA, which probably made it worse. Mine lasted for months. At least 3 or 4 months anyway. And in the end it just sorted itself out, had to put it down to just one of those things.
    I'm not saying yours will last for months but don't worry about it, a week isn't a long time at all. Just try to eat a clean diet with lots of fiber and water.

And I don't know what age you are but the older you get the longer it takes the body to recover from things. I'm in my 40s now and I have noticed this for about 10 years I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenGirl View Post
    Something similar happened to me last year - very loose soft stools every day.
    I started to worry about it thanks to my HA, which probably made it worse. Mine lasted for months. At least 3 or 4 months anyway. And in the end it just sorted itself out, had to put it down to just one of those things.
    I'm not saying yours will last for months but don't worry about it, a week isn't a long time at all. Just try to eat a clean diet with lots of fiber and water.

And I don't know what age you are but the older you get the longer it takes the body to recover from things. I'm in my 40s now and I have noticed this for about 10 years I'd say.
    Thank you. I'm 30 now. My stools seem to have gone back to normal now. I suspect it was the kimchi or Korean food that I started eating lately. Shame because I've been patronizing that particular store for a year now and it's just now that their food has gone bad.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I had this as well every day once a day for months, come to find out it was IBS.

Quote Originally Posted by Pkstracy View Post
    I had this as well every day once a day for months, come to find out it was IBS.
    Thank you. My stools have gone back to normal now. I do think it was the kimchi that started it. Sad to say I think my favorite Korean restaurant hasn't been serving the freshest ingredients lately. :(

Thread Information