Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi all, please help, I知 so upset and panicking.

Re: Hi all, please help, I知 so upset and panicking.

I have dogs, and I also have anxiety. I’m not saying this is what you’re doing, but I’ve found myself using my dogs as an escape excuse many, many times. If I’m in a situation I just don’t want to be in, or one that makes me uncomfortable, or shoot, sometimes just because the sky is blue (lol), it’s “oh, I need to get back to my dogs for x,y,z reason”.

I only point that out because it’s a trait and pattern I recognize in myself and catch myself doing. I’ve learned over the last couple years to just push through those situations and not give in to the anxiety. It’s easier now than it used to be, and I’ve yet to get home and find one of my fur kids in dire straits as a result.

just food for thought, and I hope you can enjoy some of your birthday weekend!!

Thanks, and that may well be a possibility too!

I did go out to dinner and drinks with my friends, which was fun. I was gone a few hours and watched her on the camera; she survived but did cry most of the time. However, my friends want to go to wineries tonight but I’m not quite sure, not because of her this time but because I’ve found I’m becoming less alcohol tolerant? I had about half a drink last night and I definitely felt it and it messed with my stomach a lot. I went out with friends a few weeks ago and had a horrific hangover that might be triggering me or I might just not do alcohol well anymore. I don’t know but it definitely makes me want to limit my drinking.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

I know it's a winery but do you have to drink? I haven't drunk in months because I know it's a bad idea for me when I'm anxious. You could maybe go for the social side and they might even have non-alcoholic options?

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    I know it's a winery but do you have to drink? I haven't drunk in months because I know it's a bad idea for me when I'm anxious. You could maybe go for the social side and they might even have non-alcoholic options?
    They likely do, but I was the designated driver last night and my friend very pointedly said I should drink enough tonight for that not to be an option. I know I need to stand my ground, it’s just difficult for me as I am shy and hate disappointing people. I have a headache today though so it may not be an option at all, as I get migraines. So I will just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    They likely do, but I was the designated driver last night and my friend very pointedly said I should drink enough tonight for that not to be an option. I know I need to stand my ground, it’s just difficult for me as I am shy and hate disappointing people. I have a headache today though so it may not be an option at all, as I get migraines. So I will just have to wait and see.
    Hope all goes well!

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post

im with you, I just don’t drink anymore. It’s not enjoyable for me and I know the anxiety I’ll deal with after just isn’t worth it for me. Going out and hanging with your friends is one thing, but they should absolutely respect your decision if you say you’re not drinking. Nothing wrong with standing your ground on that one!! Don’t let yourself feel pressured.

We were out and about all day without the dogs, which not only made me feel the guilt but now has me afraid of Covid.

We are about to go on a quick hike, with the wineries after but it looks like they close really soon so I’m hoping they do before we get there. I really just want sleep, especially as I have a 10 hour drive tomorrow.

Happy birthday, Poppy

Maybe just take sips at the winery? I take it's a tasting night in which case sipping is more what is expected despite many people opting to down each glass.

Plus if you are driving tomorrow they should know you have to stay under the limit tonight.

Thank you Terry!

We didn’t end up doing the wineries, which was fine. We did some cool hikes instead.

Now my major fear is that I’ve convinced myself I’ve caught Covid. I keep smelling different things to see if my sense of smell is still there, and if it is as strong as it should be. I think I’m going to have to camp out at my house that is under renovation as I don’t want to expose my parents, but I just feel really stupid.

You could always get tested? That would give you peace of mind?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information