Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Smear test fear

Re: Smear test fear

Thank you for you reply. I’m trying my best to live in the now and not think of the what ifs. I didn’t feel this way at all about my past 3 smears I know it’s just the stupid anxiety. I just want tomorrow over and done with now.

Today is my smear test and I’ve been awake since 5am with worry. My appointments at 10am. I’m just sitting here in fear thinking that the nurse is going to find something scary and that will be it for me. I will not be able to cope I’ve had months of worrying constantly about this smear because I knew it was coming up I just need a bit of relief and some of this worry taken off my shoulders but I’m so scared that’s not going to happen and I’m going to have to go through more waiting and worrying. I can’t stand it I feel sick to my stomach. I don’t want anxiety to take over me again and ruin everything. I want to cry but so numb with fear I can’t. I’ve never felt this way before about my smear I don’t understand what’s going on with me

At the doctors now waiting to be called. My appointments at 10 so I’m here a little early hopefully get called in soon and not have to long to wait. My stomach is in absolute knots I feel like I want to be sick.

Hi guys I’ve had my smear, the nurse made me bleed a little but I’ve had that happen to me before so I know it’s Norma. Everything was ok it was a bit uncomfortable but I really wasn’t relaxed I was so tense. I will get my letter in 2-3 weeks. So now just waiting for results she explained to me about hPV and that 60-70% of women have it and that if I get a positive result not to worry it will be fine and sorted. So I feel a little less stress but of course I’m gonna now worry about results l. Such is life *sigh

Well done for getting it!!

You should be very proud of yourself for going!!!! That’s a huge accomplishment!

HPV is super, super common anymore. And actually it can kind of go dormant and just disappear eventually. It did for me!!

Yes I’ve heard. I wish this was more well known to women because I think it frightens them so much if they receive a positive result for hPV they think they have something really bad wrong with them when actually most of us probably have had it at some point.

Thank you 😊

So had my smear test last Tuesday I’ve been trying to keep busy not think about the results. But today I’ve started to panic and worry 😩 stupid anxiety leave me alone!!! I know I won’t be getting any results today because it’s a bank holiday so no post. I just wish I knew l, I hate not knowing, I hate waiting! I know I’m not the only one going through this but I feel like I am 😢 my last results I got quite quickly so I’m hoping it will be the same this time. I’ve got so much on this week and I don’t want this worrying to get in the way of enjoying things. My 2 year old starts nursery next Monday and I want to be present for it and not have my mind elsewhere worrying. Don’t really know what I’m asking for here I think I just feel like writing down how I’m feeling on here is therapeutic lol.
    Anyways hopefully I won’t have to wait to long and all will be ok 🤞🏻

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information