Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Smear test fear

Re: Smear test fear

Just doing things to distract yourself. I just waiting 2 weeks for mammogram results and it helped just to keep busy and keep distracting myself.

My result was negative 😁

Fantastic! Please for you 🙂

Day 8 of result waiting. My anxiety was quite bad yesterday but this is probably due to my 2 year old hurting his head yesterday and getting one of those horrible goose egg bumps 😢 it’s gone down a lot today but they look so terrifying.
    Hoping my results will come back this week but I know that it can be a 2-3 week wait so I might not be so lucky. I was just hoping that they will come before my daughters birthday on the 8th September. Today I’m going to go out in the garden and get rid of some of the weeds hopefully that will keep me distracted for a while

Well postman has been and gone. Still no results argghhh the waiting continues.
    Last edited by AnxietyGirl30; 01-09-21 at 11:28. Reason: Update

Day 9 and still nothing in the post. I don’t know why I’m expecting it because my last one i didn’t get until 12 days after. I’m just so on edge this time and just want to know. I can’t plan anything or move forward without knowing I’m a nervous wreck and not sleeping :( just want some relief

The longer I wait the worse my anxiety gets and makes me think that something is wrong that’s why they are taking so long to send out my results. Today will be day 10 just want to know either way now :(

Postman has been and yet again nothing!! Argh so damn fed up
    Last edited by AnxietyGirl30; 03-09-21 at 10:56.

The NHS labs under tremendous pressure at the moment and to be honest if they're anything like the department I work in (I work for the NHS), they'll be seriously understaffed. Just give it time.

Yeah I know I’m just using the forum to get my frustrations out because I don’t have anyone to talk to about it lol I know it’s too soon anyway I’m just being inpatient

Day 11 still nothing. No post tomorrow so at least I can enjoy the weekend. Off to the cinema today with my daughter 🙂

Keeping my fingers crossed I get a letter today. My little boys first day at nursery today so I’m hoping it will stay off my mind and not ruin my mood. I’m very edgy atm and everything is annoying me. I just want to know I don’t like waiting it terrifies me. My health is being affected because I’m not eating or sleeping properly.

No letter still 😡😡😡 it’s been 10 not 11 days of waiting because I counted bank holiday but realised there’s no post on bank holiday. Really thought it would come today. On the bright side my son had a lovely first morning at nursery 🙂
    Last edited by AnxietyGirl30; 06-09-21 at 12:11.

Finally got my results back exactly two weeks after my smear test and it was negative! My partner opened them for me as I was not home and I was shaking when he text me the letter had arrived but then to find out it was negative it was like a ton of bricks had been lifted off my shoulders. I’ve been so ill with worry. So glad it came today because it’s my daughters birthday tomorrow so I can properly enjoy it 🙂

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information