My second time posting in last 12 months. I have a feeling of dull ache in rectal area that I have on and off over day and that is worse when sitting. No rectal bleeding that I have seen and I did a home FIT test this week that showed as negative. Occasionally this feeling changes into more of a feeling of needing to pee. Oddly, it goes away when sleeping and seems to appear after waking. The feeling is sometimes like needing to have a number two. I usually have one bowel movement shortly after waking, but since this has been happening, I can have one (that is a little softer than normal) and then perhaps one or two more across the morning. I am 52 years old
and as a lifelong health anxiety sufferer, have again naturally leapt to worst conclusion that this is some sort of rectal or anal tumour. Also - no abdominal pain, quite a lot of gas upon waking and of note perhaps - started taking a broad spectrum probiotic supplement daily about three weeks ago. Any advice or insights would be much appreciated.