Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Emphysema/COPD

Emphysema/COPD

So I use to vape marijuana until a week ago when I started feeling breathless and have a semi non productive cough at times with some phlegm. Now I feel breathless even at rest. I had a ct scan about 5 years back and it showed nothing to be concerned. But why I kept smoking was a bad idea. Now I feel I need another ct to prove if I am having emphysema or copd. I am scared I just gave myself a death sentence. The symptoms came on gradually for a week before I quit due to the burning that the machine was causing internally.

What should I do? I read a normal xray wont see it and I have a bad doctor that is difficult to handle. I called seeking a referral to a Respirologist will find out Tuesday if he listens this time. Could I have caused a fatal disease in this 5-8 year time frame? Scared I just lost my whole life. I am 33 years old male.

Re: Emphysema/COPD

Quote Originally Posted by SEANML View Post
    I have a bad doctor that is difficult to handle.
    Translation: I have a good doctor that recognizes my HA

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Maybe so but I still think something more serious is happening. Been breathless for a few days (stopped vaping 2 days ago). The breathing started getting weird a few weeks ago. I should have stopped vaping at the first sign of breathing issues. Sorry I want it to be something temporary. I hope your right.

This happens to me because of anxiety. Sometimes I don't feel like I have anything to be anxious about, and the breathlessness will be the first sign. Some time later I begin to actually feel worried/anxious about something. Deep breathing exercises usually help a lot to reset my breathing when I feel that way.

thank you all for your help and input. It means alot. So worried I really messed up.

is it possible that I caused copd/emphysema . I burnt my lungs bad from the vaping. Darn it I should have stopped on the first signs of breathless. Now Im going to die young :( argh why was I so stupid.

anyone have opinions? I know this is not a medical place. Just looking for input. Maybe calm me down. I don't think its anxiety. I have a cough to with phlegm. I didn't think emphasema/copd came on acutely (I think thats the word)

Honestly, I don't think anything I, or anyone else says will help you. Your health anxiety is spiralling and I really think that is more the problem than your chest.

Are you on medication? Are you talking to anyone?

I take meds for sleep that help with my moods and mental issues.

I just really need some reassurance. My dr is of no help, he still hast not called me to discuss this issue on hand. I just wonder if I have it or not now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information