Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Emphysema/COPD

Re: Emphysema/COPD

Quote Originally Posted by SEANML View Post
    I just really need some reassurance. My dr is of no help, he still hast not called me to discuss this issue on hand. I just wonder if I have it or not now.
    It sounds like your doctor already did their part to ensure you don't have anything to worry about.

Darn its happening again. I smoked a vape pen over the weekend and coughed up a lung. Been breathless since. Anyone know if this can be emphysema or copd? Dr only offers puffers but no testing. I am a 33 year old male and concerned. Im sorry for the bother, just want opinions. I wont be smoking again ever. I pray this is not copd or emphysema.
    Last edited by SEANML; 15-12-21 at 15:56.

So scared. I dont want to die so young

I see my Dr Tuesday early.
    Last edited by SEANML; 16-12-21 at 16:18.

What are you smoking in the vape pen? Marijuana or nicotine? If it’s nicotine, I also coughed a lot when switching from cigarettes to vapes. As the tar from the cigs left my lungs, the cough went away. But if it’s pot, you should probably just resign yourself to the fact that it affects your anxiety negatively, and to do it again, even once, will send you spiraling. This right here is what ultimately got me to get off meth over 20 years ago, and I never did it again. Do yourself a favor and give it up.

Just dont understand being breathless with a cough. And the masks dont help. I won't smoke again. I hope it's not too late to prevent permanent damage. Thanks for the response it helps. The vape is pot. Just scared I caused perm damage. My dr only prescribes. Testing never happens. So if I have it I won't kno officially. Isn't it possible to have got it after a day of vaping. I had only quit for 6 months. I've smoked for many years.
    Still breathless about a week after. I'm just praying its nothing serious. I dont think you can live long with emphysema.
    Last edited by SEANML; 17-12-21 at 09:46.

I am not sure how to convince my dr for testing but I will see him Tuesday. If he doesn't test me Im going to the hospitals to try to convince them to tst me

they agreed to do an xray. I am nervous to do one due to all the xrays Ive had s done. Afraid of cancer from them all. I thought xrays were useless an that ct scans can only show emphysema early

Not sure if I can go for the xray. Ive had so many cat scans and nuclear injections I really am scared to get cancer from those tests. I may just deal with the breathless and wait until it gets worse. Any opinions? He said do a xray to prove its nothing more then constant untreated asthma. He said a Respirologist wont see me unless the xray shows something serious.
    Last edited by SEANML; 22-12-21 at 10:18.

Seanml,
    You don’t need to be concerned about getting cancer from an X-ray. The chance of cancer from that is so infinitely small. Your anxiety surrounding your breathing seems to be all consuming so I would recommend you get the X-ray for peace of mind. Having the amount of worry you are dealing with is no way to live.

Best wishes

doctor google says that xrays wont show it. Not sure if I should push for other testing. Or will an xray show breathing problems if they are present. Thanks for all the input
    Last edited by SEANML; 22-12-21 at 15:43.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information