Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Panic attack after 2nd jab!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Panic attack after 2nd jab!

I had my second Pfizer jab about 2 hours ago and I’m now suddenly feeling light headed and sick! I’m putting it down to a panic attack because my heart is racing and pounding too but I’m so annoyed at my body’s response to having the jab.

I was totally fine after the first one but I’ve heard so many horror stories about the second one making people unwell that I’ve convinced myself I’ll be ill!

Am I alone in my panicky response and any tips to help calm me down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Panic attack after 2nd jab!

It's okay. Breathe. These attacks happen sometimes. The important thing is that you were brave and got the vaccine. Go do some things to help you relax. Hot shower, long walk, laying down with a cold cloth on your forehead listening to calming music, etc.,,

You have done so well getting the jab. I think it's just anxiety brought on by reading/hearing the horror stories. Do what you normally do to relax/stay calm. I had both Pfizer and was maybe a little tired and had aching joints for a couple of days but other than that was fine.

Be kind to yourself and remember the benefits of having had it.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzymoon86 View Post
    I had my second Pfizer jab about 2 hours ago and I’m now suddenly feeling light headed and sick! I’m putting it down to a panic attack because my heart is racing and pounding too but I’m so annoyed at my body’s response to having the jab.

I was totally fine after the first one but I’ve heard so many horror stories about the second one making people unwell that I’ve convinced myself I’ll be ill!

Am I alone in my panicky response and any tips to help calm me down?

The stupid media have a lot to answer for by hyping up horror stories about side effects. Typical profits before people's health and wellbeing!

Although they (the media) have toned things down more recently concerning hyped-up stuff about vaccine side effects and obviously since moved on to the next 'big issues', they have already done a fair bit of damage through their sensationalist scaremongering!

Thank you for the replies!

I made it through the night I had a shower and relaxed as much as possible (with a one year old!) and took paracetamol before bed. I’m achy and tired today but other than that I feel reasonably okay!

I’ve tried not to read too much in the media about covid at all tbh, I stay away from it for my anxiety. It’s more people talking and saying “oh I know xyz who had the WORST headache from the jab” and “xyz was hospitalised after the 2nd jab” - but I do realise the vast majority are totally fine luckily.

Plan is to take it easy today!

Well done, fizzymoon! It's great that you've done all you can to protect yourself and your family. Have a peaceful day today!

Okay so my side effects have gotten worse as the day has progressed - I’m now lying in bed and my whole body hurts like I’ve got the flu or something! No fever but I’ve been taking regular pain killers to keep fever at bay but they’re doing nothing to touch the pain I know this is normal but I definitely don’t feel good.

You just need to rest and let your body do its thing. Is there anyone you can call to come babysit?

It will pass...It's just a response to the vaccine, nothing more sinister.

I had my second vaccine today and feel pretty ropey too. It’s the immune system doing it’s job and nothing to worry about…. X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information