Thread: Worried about partner with depression

Worried about partner with depression

Hello,

I wasnt sure if this was the right place to post this but it is something I have anxiety about, so this board seemed best.

I am concerned about my boyfriend. He told me that he thought he had depression about 9 months ago, and I tried to persuade him to speak to the dr. After I'd brought it up a few times he said he was feeling better and we hadn't spoke about it since.

However, he hasn't seemed all that happy at points over the last month and it came up again this morning after we had a minor disagreement about something.

I obviously have anxiety and depression runs in my family so I do know about mental health. But I find it a lot easier to talk about these things than he does. He hasn't mentioned it to anyone else apart from a friend years ago, and I know he would really struggle speaking to a therapist, although I think it could really help him.

I know that's got to be his choice though. But what else can I do to help him? If anyone has been in a similar situation it would be great to hear. I'm willing to do anything that will help him, but I do find it tough because whenever I mention it he closes up and doesn't want to talk
    Thanks

Re: Worried about partner with depression

Unfortunately I think a lot of men still struggle to talk about their feelingsor admit there's something wrong, actually in all honesty probably quite a lot of women too. Just letting him know that you're there for him if he needs you is a big thing.

Thread Information