Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Work

Re: Work

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    It's just irritation Phil, it'll pass.
    Thanks working in other shop tomorrow

I have been working there a few weeks I tried to add a couple of managers but both never accepted :/ I think it’s going well as they do chat at work but seems they not too friendly off Facebook. I had a similar issue at my old store my old assistant manger refused to add me and a couple of other staff. I worked in a smaller shop and most of the staff had me on Facebook. So yes I feel a little disheartened as I am due to have the chat tomorrow about the move permanently?

That's perfectly normal. I don't have almost any of my work colleagues as friends on Facebook. As the door closes behind me ( or shut the laptop when working from home), that's it work ends. I have no intention of chatting to work colleagues after work unless it's and organised do, that's what my non work friends are for. It's a work/life balance.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum123 View Post
    That's perfectly normal. I don't have almost any of my work colleagues as friends on Facebook. As the door closes behind me ( or shut the laptop when working from home), that's it work ends. I have no intention of chatting to work colleagues after work unless it's and organised do, that's what my non work friends are for. It's a work/life balance.
    Thanks but I made a few friends in job a few years ago went to there house and pub I would be keen to try and use the opportunity to try and make new friends.

I felt the smoke feeling for 24 hours so just to confirm I don’t think that awful smell would leave for some time so moving shops may be best solution? Why don’t others mind smoke smells?

I complained to the union guy about the smell in shop said it needs full refit I feel angry I have to move as the company refuse to refit and get the smell out store am I right to feel annoyed?

When you say refit, what do you want them to do? Refit the whole shop because you don't like the smell?

Is there air conditioning in the shop?
    What did they say about your complaint?

Phil, I have never heard of anyone getting asthma from a smoke smell. It would possibly irritate existing asthma sufferers though.

Does anyone else think it smells?

I think you might be worrying too much about it, hence the feeling in your throat. But perhaps you could speak to your GP to get his opinion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum123 View Post
    Same here; I do have a couple of ex-colleagues with whom I've remained friends but otherwise, work stops the minute I walk out the gate.

I wouldn't take it personally, Phil.

I have positive news to share I moved shops working 1 less day so open to 2nd job and got telephone interview tomorrow.

the negative is I am out my comfort zone had to do a hand shake to sign new contract and also share a lift with a colleague which is new for me with this shop compared to my old store. I am hoping I don’t get COVID but I do touch my wife’s hand so I guess I have to be realistic and step out my comfort zone a little?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information