Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Work

Re: Work

I have been feeling anxious and bored I did some work in the house early on but often on days off I fall asleep or sit bored on the sofa :/ I should try and take advantage as I’ve worked 4 days for 6 years now..but the new job did say I would maybe work 4 days to cover any holidays so I am unsure how much extra I will do right now..

A few weeks back I went to a small shop to get a drink handled cash touched there hand which made me worry about COVID risk. Today they asked me to operate the till all be it under ten customers today how much of a risk is it? My wife operates the till in her work but I see it as a risk? I am still getting busy buses which isn’t good either

The CDC in the US views the risk of contracting Covid from surfaces and contact points as "low".

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...nsmission.html

If someone touched your hand, did you use any sanitiser afterwards? I always do.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    A few weeks back I went to a small shop to get a drink handled cash touched there hand which made me worry about COVID risk. Today they asked me to operate the till all be it under ten customers today how much of a risk is it? My wife operates the till in her work but I see it as a risk? I am still getting busy buses which isn’t good either
    You know there is a VERY simple solution to all this COVID worrying, right?

It's more the risk YOU are posing for other people, Phil. For those 10 customers and for all those on the busy bus.

Typhoid Phil, yep. Thanks to other people, you're not the one who needs to be afraid.

Your workplace should have you using hand sanitiser. If not, just use some.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Your workplace should have you using hand sanitiser. If not, just use some.
    Thanks I used sanitizer. I spend last year or two not using any cash or trying to avoid anybody so it’s always a challenge I have found new job more of a challenge in current times but I guess you have to do normal things eventually. Was a guy coughing in shop so I was zipping round the isles avoiding him. I get off bus early to avoid the queues too so I try my best.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    The CDC in the US views the risk of contracting Covid from surfaces and contact points as "low".

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...nsmission.html

If someone touched your hand, did you use any sanitiser afterwards? I always do.
    Yeah, after all the rigmaroles and great lengths we went to in order to sanitise our shopping during much of last year, it all turned out to be an unnecessary endeavour and needless upset!

But in all fairness, we didn't know at the time that said risks are generally low and we were basically erring on the side of caution.

In my job at work I sent a customer to another till as I don’t like using tannoy but got a row it makes me anxious I never use to use it and was allowed to make a ding noise twice for a manager. Anyway in my last store I used the tannoy once I was a bit nervous but did use it that once as it was quick. However I still worry about using it and don’t want to explain about how uneasy I find it to new manager as I don’t want a fuss. Anybody got any tips? I am very rarely on tills and been there since the summer so it’s unlikely I would have to use it often. But with Xmas coming up I worry I may be on tills more? I just work 3 days now rather than 4.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information